We've Joined The Club

You and Chrissy are warming down after an exhausting cheer practice, the basketball team have a championship game coming up so your squad have been practicing a new dance routine tirelessly to get it perfected for the big match. Your hair is scrapped back in a messy bun and your eyeliner is smudged due to sweating profusely over the passed hour, you can't wait to get home into a well deserved hot shower to soothe your tired muscles.

"I've got something to tell you." Chrissy whispers secretly to you as you and her hang out at the back of the gym hall, away from eavesdroppers.
"Oh?" You say, tilting your head and raising your brows at your friend.
"Me and Gareth.." She begins. Oh no, a sudden rush of dread runs over you, is she about to tell you something bad? You wonder, you can't tell by the look on her face.
"Chrissy, what is it?" You ask, standing by her side you softly nudge her arm.
"We did it." She whispers, biting her bottom lip to try and hold back the massive grin that creeps across her face suddenly.
"You did IT?" You shout, unable to contain your excitement. She holds a finger to her mouth, shushing you as a few of the other cheerleaders turn around to look at you both after you shouted so loudly. She laughs, shaking her head at you.
"Yep, we've joined the club." She giggles, "but shush, we don't need everybody in this hall knowing our business!" She tells you, pulling your arm to sit on a nearby bench at the back of the hall.

"When?" You ask her, smiling widely at her blushed complexion.
"On Sunday, at his place." She whispers to you.
"Tell me more?" You press for information.
"Well we'd just got back from the movies, he'd taken me on a cute little date. We didn't plan to do it that day or anything it just kind of.. happened." She shrugs.
"Chrissssy," you coo, "I'm so happy for you guys." You tell her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder you pull her closer to your body.
"I'm so happy, like I'm literally on cloud 9 since it happened." She giggles shyly.
"Who'd have thought." You grin, thinking of how you and your best friend are in relationships with two guys who also happen to be best friends, it's the perfect scenario.

"I know, to think I'd never given Gareth the time of day before and now.. well I love him so much I could combust!" She chuckles, throwing her head back against the wall with a smile across her face.
"I love that we are experiencing this for the first time together." You tell her.
"Me too, it's good to have someone to talk to about it all. Which brings me to something else I've been meaning to ask.." she begins, she scrunches her face up before continuing. "I'm going to head down to the clinic this week and put myself on birth control, I mean we obviously used a condom," she whispers very quietly into your vicinity, "but me and Gareth spoke about it and think it's best to be extra safe. So will you come with me?" Chrissy asks.

"I'll absolutely come with you, I've been meaning to do that myself anyway.." you chuckle lightly, "me and Eddie may have taken a little risk of our own in the heat of the moment at the weekend there, and I don't plan on having a baby before I graduate." You laugh.
"So we will go together?" She asks, "I don't know why I feel so nervous about going there, it feels.. dirty or something." She scrunches her eyes closed as she says this.
"It's not dirty Chrissy," you reassure her, "we are all consenting young adults, putting ourselves on birth control is just the sensible next step to take." You say with a smile.
"You're so wise." Chrissy laughs.
"I sound like my mother!" You reply.
"At least you can talk to your mom about things like this, my mom has always lectured me about waiting til I'm married, the dangers of teen pregnancy, blah blah blah.." Chrissy sighs.
"She's just worried for you that's all," you smile, "my mom is the exception it would seem, she would rather know that I was doing things safely and felt comfortable enough to come to her about things like that." You say, thanking your lucky stars for a mom like yours.
"She likes Gareth of course, but I will absolutely not be telling her that we are.. sexually active." Chrissy cringes.
"So don't tell her if you don't want to, you're being safe and sensible about it, that's what's important." You say, "now come on, I desperately need to wash the sweat off my body, I stink!" You laugh before rising from the bench, Chrissy follows you off out of the gym hall.