Beauty and The Freak

Monday morning rolls around again far too soon and you're yawning in the mirror as you get yourself ready for school. Eddie stayed with you last night until you feel asleep, softly stroking your hair and tickling your back until you started snoring and then he snuck out. This has became routine for you both on the nights he's not allowed to stay over, he will wait with you until you sleep no matter how late it is and then drive himself home. It's your moms one rule, no sleepovers on school nights no matter who it is, although if Eddie were to accidentally fall asleep you know she wouldn't be strict on you, but you do obey her rules as she doesn't implement many of them luckily, so you don't mind following the few she has.

Eddie will likely be picking you up for school this morning, you don't even need to arrange it with him you know he will be at the edge of your drive, smoking a cigarette and waiting for you when you walk out the front door. You're really tired today and just in a bad mood in general, it's your time of the month so you blame it on that. You sulk around your room getting yourself ready for school, throwing on comfortable clothes. You layer a white turtle neck with another one of Eddie's tees on top and pull on a pair of stretchy fabric flared pants, with your trusty converse tied on your feet as usual.

Your mom knows you're in a bad mood this morning so she has two coffees made up in paper cups with lids, sitting on the counter top waiting for you to take with you on the drive to school

"Thanks mom, this is really needed this morning." You tell her with a half smile, sipping the hot coffee while slinging your school bag onto your shoulder and grabbing the other coffee for Eddie.
"You're welcome, see you later, honey." Your mom replies, waving you off as you juggle the coffees in hand to open the front door. Your mood is lightened dramatically when you see a very handsome metal head leaning against his van, blowing smoke into the morning air and waving at you from the bottom of your driveway. A genuine smile creeps across your face as you approach him with takeaway coffees in hand.

"Ohhh, is this for me?" He says, reaching out to take one of the cups from you.
"Yep, Mom could tell I was just not in the mood for school this morning so she thought a caramel latte would cheer me up." You huff a laugh. Eddie throws his cigarette down a nearby drain on the pavement, looking at you with worry as he opens the passenger door for you and helps you jump into his van without spilling coffee onto yourself. He rounds the van and gets into the drivers side, twisting the key in the ignition, it starts with a splutter before it roars to life.

"Why the bad mood,  everything ok sweetheart?" He turns to you and asks, his puppy dog eyes searching your face with concern.
"Everything's fine. It's just.. Mother Nature." You chuckle lightly, patting his hand with your own to reassure him that you're ok. His face crumples in confusion with your answer though. He begins to drive off towards Hawkins High, his music is turned down slightly so it is just background noise to your conversation.
"Mother Nature," he repeats, "I don't get it? Is that like.. what is that?" He laughs feeling confused, he has not a clue what you're referring to. This makes you giggle, cheeks blushing with embarrassment, you thought he would understand and not question you further.
"Mother Nature... time of the month... like woman's stuff..." You slowly explain. His face turns from confusion to slight awkwardness at his slowness on the subject.