Deja Vu

You wake up to the sound of Eddie's van backing out of your driveway. Your bedroom is bright with the morning sunlight peeking in from behind the blind that covers the large window at the front of your house. Oops, you think to yourself, both Ed and Wayne must've fallen asleep here last night and it's a school night.

You turn your head to check the time on your alarm clock when you spot it, a piece of lined paper folded over with your name scribbled onto the front, leaning against the alarm clock. You reach out an arm and stretch to grab the note from the bedside table, pulling it in front of your, still half asleep, eyes and unfold the note to reveal the contents.

"Morning sunshine :)
Guess we fell asleep, ooops. I'm heading home for a shower, didn't wanna wake ya. See you at school.
Love, Ed x"

A smile takes over your face. You no longer feel tired. You hold the note close to your chest as you push back the covers and rise from your bed, you pop the note into the top drawer beside you. You get a quick glance of your appearance in the mirror, still in yesterdays clothes with eyeliner smeared down your cheek from where your face was pressed against Eddie's t-shirt as you slept soundly cuddled into him. He no doubt now has a makeup covered band tee. You giggle to yourself, feeling giddy as you skip around your room giving it a quick tidy up.

You down the hallway towards the bathroom for a shower before school, washing your body and lathering strawberry scented shampoo into your hair. When you are rinsed off, you hop out of the shower and wrap yourself snuggly in a fuzzy bath sheet and begins to brush your teeth in the bathroom mirror. The smile that is still slapped onto your face doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. Your heart still feels like it is full to the brim, unsure if your ribs can take anymore pressure.

Back in the morning light of your bedroom now, you comb your still damp hair into a slick pony tail using a green scrunchie. You pull on your usual Hawkins high cheer uniform and spritz your whole body in some sickeningly sweet vanilla perfume before skipping down the stairs of your home towards the kitchen for breakfast time.

Your mom is standing flipping pancakes at the stove, she glances up towards you and her face lights up when she sets eyes upon your grinning face.
"Look at you Y/N, smiling about anything in particular?" She asks you, raising an eyebrow as she flips a pancake over on the stove.
"Is it that obvious?" You ask, your cheeks reddening instantly. You take a seat on a wooden stool at the breakfast bar of your kitchen.
"Ah that's my girl, it is so good to see you happy like this again. Eddie was chipper when he headed off this morning too!" She tells you.
"Oh yeah, I guess we fell asleep. Sorry mom I know it was a school night." You say, knowing the rules about sleepovers on school nights.
"Don't you worry about it honey, I didn't want to interrupt you two, so I let this time slip. I'm so so happy, truly Y/N, I am so glad you have sorted things out together!" Mom says, she can barely contain her own grin as she comes towards you and wraps her arms around you and kisses the top of your head.

Mom pours you a coffee in your favourite mug and hands you a plate of warm chocolate chip pancakes.
"What's the occasion Mom, pancakes on a school day?" You ask as you begin stuffing them into your mouth.
"Well I knew Eddie was here and I wanted to make sure he and Wayne got some before they left this morning." She says as she sips her coffee.
"Oh so the pancakes were for Eddie, not for me?" You ask jokingly.
"Well they're his favourite and I've hardly made them since, you know, he's not been around." She says, shrugging.
"I ain't complaining!" You tell her and you take a sip of your coffee to wash down the mouthfuls of hot, chocolatey pancakes.

You're slipping on your shoes and grabbing your school bag from the hook at the front door,
"Bye mom!" You shout down the hallway towards the kitchen where she is washing up the dishes from breakfast. Your dad had already left for his work this morning.
"Bye Y/N, have a great day!" She shouts back in a sing song tone.