Sick Day

"Eddie, you have to get up we are going to be late for school!" You tell him before tugging on his arm trying to physically pull him from his bed. He answers you with an inaudible groan. "Babe seriously, you already missed a day this week you can't be late for another!" You warn him, you stand with your arms folded across your chest at the foot of the bed.
"I feel like I've been hit by a truck...then it circled back and hit me again." Eddie mumbles.
"I'll get you a coffee, that'll wake you up." You say as you turn heel and head to the kitchen, pouring him a hot cup of liquid energy.

You head back through and place it onto the bedside table, he still lays there refusing to even open his eyes. You stroke his face, trying to wake him again.
"Oh no Eddie, you're boiling hot!" You gasp, placing your palm flat against his sweaty forehead. "I think you've got a fever, shit!" You say.
"Told you I wasn't feeling well, you just don't believe me." He complains.
"I thought you were just trying to skip school." You reply, "I believe you now, Jesus, you're burning up babe!" You say.
"My head feels like there's a little drummer boy in there." He mumbles, scrunching his eyes closed tightly.
"Well you can't go to school today..." You sigh, "you need to get better for the weekend cause you can't miss it!" You say.
"Will you stay with me today, you can play nurse, it'll be good practice." He mumbles into his pillow.
"Of course, I'll stay with you. Let me just phone my mom, she can call the school and let them know neither of us will be in today, okay?" You say to him, he nods weakly.

While through in the kitchen calling your mom, you fill a glass with cool water and grab some medication for Eddie. You take it back through and he's still in the same position he was in when you left him. You gently get into bed beside him, being careful to not spill the water.
"Here, take these." You whisper to him and nudge him gently, he peeks at you with one eye and groans. "I know you don't like taking pills, but I snapped them in two so they're tiny little ones, you won't even notice them." You promise him. He pauses, before slowly raising himself up in the bed, resting against the headboard. He takes the pills from you and swallows them with water. "Good job!" You tell him once he's swallowed the tablets.
"Don't baby me." He pouts.
"Well you are a big baby!" You laugh.
"Hah, ouch, don't make me laugh." He says, wincing in pain.
"Alright, lay back down." You tell him before helping him lay his head onto the pillow.

You then pull the sheets off of him, leaving him in just his pants.
"Heyyyy, what are you doing?" He complains, trying to pull the comforter back over himself.
"You've got a temperature Eddie, you need to strip off." You tell him, pulling the covers way off of him and tugging at the checked pyjama bottoms he is wearing.
"Ohhh, I like where this is going." Eddie smirks, throwing his arms behind his head.
"Shut up," you giggle, "I thought you were ill." You raise your brows at him, tossing his trousers into the floor.
"I am ill but I'd never say no to that." He winks weakly. You roll your eyes and shake your head.
"You're impossible." You giggle. You stand and open his bedroom window, leaving it slightly ajar, before joining him back in bed.

"I'll head out to the store and get some ingredients for a nice soup or something, that sound good?" You ask him.
"Mmmm, that sounds great." Eddie replies. You lift his heavy arm off of your stomach and hop out of bed to get yourself dressed. You toss your hair into a messy bun and slip your converse on.
"Where's the keys?" You ask him, waiting by his bedroom door, ready to go.
"What keys?" Eddie questions, his eyes are closed as he lays motionless in his bed.
"The van keys?" You ask again.
"Nope, no way!" He says, suddenly lifting his head off the pillow to stare at you with wide eyes.

"Aw Eddie, come on! I'm not walking all the way to the store, I have a driver's license you know, you just never let me drive!" You laugh.
"Yeah, cause you suck at driving!" He says, very seriously, with plenty of emphasis on the 'suck'.
"I do not suck!" You laugh, "I mean, I hit a sign post one time and that apparently makes me a bad driver, whatever." You shrug.
"Yeah, a sign post, a shopping cart in the parking lot, that one time you almost hit that deer!" Eddie laughs, reminding you of all your 'oops' moments behind the wheel.
"The deer almost hit me, you mean!" You shout.
"And the countless kerbs you've hit!" He says finally.
"Eddie, I'm taking the van whether you like it or not. What's mine is yours baby." You wink.
"Ughhhh, fine. Keys are in the kitchen." He sighs, throwing himself back onto the pillow.
"I promise I'll bring her back in one piece!" You tell him, making your way through the trailer.
"She better not have a single scratch, I'm warning you!" Eddie shouts.