It Was A F****** Burrito

Eddie and the boys have been gone for over three weeks now on another stint of their tour around Indiana and the surrounding states, promoting the new album which is close to becoming a finished product and almost ready for release to the public.
With this comes a lot of stress and anxiety, it's not been easy on any of them, but Eddie has been finding it particularly hard being apart from you. Even more so now than the first time around, he is desperately missing home especially since you had both quickly gotten used to having your own place and were loving every second of living together before he had to leave again so soon.

As always, Steve, Robin, Amy and Chrissy are a fantastic form of distraction for you, as well as med school and volunteering at the hospital. You fill your days as much as possible to keep your idle mind busy so it doesn't get stuck in a rut of missing Eddie all day. Night times are the worst though, you lay star-fished across your bed, inhaling his pillow, but his scent is fading way too fast already. You wrap yourself in his clothing to soothe yourself to sleep, you shut your eyes tight and pretend he's right there beside you.

Every evening you have someone over for dinner, you've been trying out lots of new recipes, testing things out on your friends. If Chrissy isn't there then Amy is, if Amy isn't there then Robin is, if Robin isn't there then Steve is. You try to have someone at home with you at all times so you don't feel too lonely in your apartment without Eddie being home. He still calls you every single night though, without fail and it's the highlight of your day.

"Sooo," Eddie sighs through the phone as he gets himself comfy in the crisp linen sheets of the hotel bed, "who did you have over for dinner tonight?" He laughs, knowing there had to be at least one person there with you around the kitchen table.
"Tonight I had Steve over for nacho night," you giggle, "then Robin joined us after her shift at the video store, although there wasn't much food leftover for her, me and Steve had scoffed the lot and she was not happy." You tell him.
"Yeah I can imagine she was not impressed by that, I dunno where that girl puts it all, she's as thin as rake but eats like a horse!" Eddie laughs down the line.

You curl in a ball under a thick blanket on the sofa with the phone pressed against your ear, the cord stretched from the hook on the wall nearby.
"What about you?" You ask him, "which fast food restaurant did you visit today?"
"Today was a McDonald's kind of day for us, we were all dead beat after a long day," he yawns, "two double cheeseburgers did the trick." He laughs.
"Mm, sounds yummy!" You tell him.
"Definitely not as yummy as what your nachos would've been, I miss your cooking." Eddie sighs.
"And I miss cooking for you." You exhale, you miss everything about having him home with you.

"I'm sure all the gang back home are loving having you as their personal chef a few nights a week." Eddie laughs.
"Yeah they really are," you chuckle, "I don't mind it, I love having them over, keeps me busy." You say.
"It's good to keep busy," he tells you, "helps the days pass quicker doesn't it?" He says.
"Not quick enough." You pine.
"I know babe, I know," he sighs loudly, "just a few more weeks now."

In your usual seat on the sofa, you dial the number to reach Eddie's hotel room, it's just gone passed 9pm so he's usually called you by now, you hope he hasn't fallen asleep. The phone rings and rings but there's no answer. Strange, you think to yourself, he doesn't have a gig tonight so he should be back at the hotel at this time. Perhaps he's just at the studio late or something you think to yourself, although he usually calls to let you know if that's the case.

You call once more but it rings out again, you sigh and return the phone to the hook before taking yourself for a bath. It's been a long day, you had a class this morning and then volunteered at the hospital for the afternoon before coming home and cooking dinner for Robin and Steve as they both finished their shifts early tonight. When they left, you busied yourself with housework, cleaning every inch of the apartment and doing laundry, waiting on the phone to ring, but it didn't and that's when you caved and decided to phone him, but no answer.