A Change is Coming

The following morning as you stretch and rub the sleep from your eyes, you roll over onto what is usually Eddie's side of the bed and you breath deeply into the pillow. It smells exactly like him; musky aftershave, cheap shampoo and a slight hint of cigarette smoke, his signature scent and you can't get enough of it. You hug the pillow tightly in your arms, holding it tightly beside your face to breath in his scent, wishing he was still here by your side. You hate how much time you missed out on with him while yous were distant, now you want him by your side 24 hours a day, but you know the rules; no sleepovers on school nights.

You don't have cheer practice after school today therefore you don't need to wear your cheer uniform. You pull out a pair of blue denim dungarees from your wardrobe that you haven't worn in a while and grab a white sweatshirt to go underneath it. You slip into your clothes before heading to the bathroom to brush your teeth and do your quick skin care routine. You spritz yourself in your usual vanilla scented perfume and then add a little makeup to your face as you look into the mirror, some mascara and a bit of blush, nothing over the top.

You grab your history assignment from your desk and head down the stairs, carefully folding it and placing it into your school bag before grabbing a quick bite to eat from the kitchen and rushing to the door, squeezing your feet into some scruffy ...

You grab your history assignment from your desk and head down the stairs, carefully folding it and placing it into your school bag before grabbing a quick bite to eat from the kitchen and rushing to the door, squeezing your feet into some scruffy white trainers. You were running late for school, you must've been laid in bed breathing in Eddie's left over scent for longer than you had intended, god, does that make me a creep? You think to yourself. You swing open the front door and begin bounding down the front steps only to be met by the sight of Eddie.

He's wearing his usual skinny jeans, white high top Reeboks, a Metallica t-shirt and his leather jacket and denim vest combo. He's fixing his hair in the van mirror, running his fingers through his bangs to untangle them, fluffing up his curls, rubbing at the roots to add volume. He clearly hasn't noticed you coming towards him yet. You're smiling to yourself as you silently approach his van which is parked outside your house, he's not usually one to care about his appearance so it is unusual to see him looking in a mirror and fixing himself up.

 You're smiling to yourself as you silently approach his van which is parked outside your house, he's not usually one to care about his appearance so it is unusual to see him looking in a mirror and fixing himself up

"Very pretty, Munson!" You yell and frighten him. He jumps back and throws his hand over his chest,
"Jesus H Christ!" He shouts, "you fucking scared me!" He laughs, looking you up and down admiring your unusual outfit.
"You're hair looks fabulous!" You tell him as you reach a hand up and mess it up again.
"Not looking too bad yourself Y/N." He tells you, not trying to hide his eyes from trailing up and down your body. He reaches for the door handle of his van and pulling the passenger door open for you. You jump up into the seat and place your bag down at your feet. He runs around the front of the van and hops into the drivers side seat, turning the key in the ignition, he begins driving in the direction of your school.