Pancakes for Breakfast

Your eyes begin to flutter open slowly and they struggle to adjust to the streak of sunlight that is beaming through the gap of your bedroom curtains. You stretch your legs out straight and your ankle gives a satisfying crack as you point your toes towards the foot of your bed. You roll over from your back onto your front to breath in that familiar scent that you crave so much every morning from the pillow beside you. To your surprise, you're met with a warm body instead and the scent is a lot stronger than usual as your nose gets buried into a tangle of long, brown waves. You allow your eyes to open fully  inand they begin to focus on the body you're now tangled up with; Eddie.

Last night, you and Chrissy were cheering on the sidelines of the basketball game. Eddie had DnD after school and then practice with Corroded Coffin after that, he had promised to come over to your house when he was finished even if it was late. He had crept up your stairs and into your room at about 11pm, only to find you cuddled up under your bedsheets, with a fluffy bear wrapped tightly in your arms and the credits of a movie playing quietly on your TV as you snored peacefully. He quietly kicked his shoes off and stripped himself down to just his boxer shorts, tossing all his worn clothes on top of your sofa. He planned to sneak his way in to your arms to replace the stuffed animal.

He gently pried the bear from your tight grip and he tossed it onto the floor with a soft thud. He slowly lowered himself down onto your bed, pulling the sheets up over his scantly clad body. Your arms instantly wrapped around his body like they had been with the stuffed toy and he sighed in relief that he hadn't disturbed your sleep. He settled himself into your pillows and made himself comfortable, his hand finding it's way into your hair to stroke it softly. He had finished band practice later than he thought he would, he had hoped you would still be awake as he arrived but he didn't mind, he enjoyed watching you tuck your body against his chest and he secretly enjoyed the little snore you made when you were in a deep sleep. Eddie was exhausted from his busy day full of school and activities so it wasn't long until he joined you in dream land.

And now you are laid there beside his sleeping body, nose still close to his mane of wild hair, breathing in his scent that you love so much. He smells strongly of his usual cheap aftershave, no doubt he had doused himself in it to cover up the stale smell of cigarettes and alcohol from band practice in Gareth's dingy garage last night. He smelled ever so slightly like sweat too but admittedly, you didn't mind. His musky scent was very manly and kind of sexy if you're being truthful. You stayed like this for a while, studying every inch of his face, your fingers lightly tracing the tattoo on his chest. You didn't want to wake him, you were enjoying watching him in this peaceful state and after all, he got to see you sleeping every night before he would sneak out of your house. So it was only fair you also got to watch him in his most vulnerable state.

After a while, you decided to go downstairs and make some breakfast as your stomach began to rumble. You slowly and gently lifted yourself off of Eddie and crept out of your bedroom, closing the door quietly behind you before you made your way down to the kitchen. You decide to make some chocolate chip pancakes since they are Eddie's favourite, their is nothing better than freshly made pancakes in the morning. You gather the ingredients and knock up a bowl of pancake batter, adding in a couple of handfuls of chocolate chips as you go. You make 2 large mugs of milky coffee and stack a plate high with the warm pancakes, drizzling them with some maple syrup and adding some sliced up fresh strawberries too. You balance two forks on the edge of the plate stacked with pancakes.

You carefully carry everything up the stairs back to your bedroom, trying not to drop or spill anything as you push your bedroom door open and make your way over to the desk to place the two mugs of coffee and the plate of pancakes down. You hear Eddie stirring behind you followed by a loud yawn and ruffling off bedsheets.
"Morning, sleepy head." You say quietly as you approach Eddie with a mug of hot coffee in your hand, placing it onto the nightstand at his side of the bed. He slowly raises himself up so he's sitting up on one elbow, he rubs the sleep from his eyes with a ring clad hand, yawning again, as he watches you adoringly.