Grad Ball Dress Hunt

Graduation day looms ever closer and you've spent the past two weeks convincing Eddie to attend the Grad Ball with you. You know he doesn't like that sort of thing, he always finds a reason to skip out of the Snowflake Ball that Hawkins High hold every year but this time it's different; it's your final High School dance and you desperately want him by your side. It'll be a night of celebration for you all, but especially for Eddie who, at the start of the year, may not have been graduating at all. But thanks to all your help, he's made it to the finishing line. He very reluctantly agreed to go with you, but only because he knows how important it is to you.

You're dressed in your comfies, black leggings, converse and one of Eddie's oversized hoodies as you and Chrissy plan to scour the formal dress store all day in search for the perfect gown to wear to the ball, as well as a more causal dress to wear to the daytime ceremony that's being held in the school gym for all your parents and family members to attend to watch you receive your high school diploma on stage.

The actual Graduation Ball is being held at a super fancy hotel in the same town that The Red Door is in. You've heard from your parents that it's a very high end hotel with a huge ballroom and the school have hired party planners to deck the whole place out and make it really special for the graduates, you're so excited that your stomach is knotted and the days are dragging by, like they always do when you've got something to look forward to.

"Are you going to colour match with Eddie?" Chrissy asks you as you enter the store which has wedding gowns in the window but they do have a large selection of ball gowns for special occasions also.
"Well I've only just managed to convince him to even come at all," you laugh, "he's going to hire a tux from that store downtown." You tell her.
"Ah yeah, I think Gareth is going with him." She says, "trust me, Gareth was not keen on the idea either," she giggled.
"They're such babies!" You laugh, "it's their grad ball and they've both got so much to celebrate about leaving high school considering they're about to become rock stars!" You grin.
"Exactly and they will all be together so hopefully that'll make it more bearable for them." She chuckles.
"Is Jeff bringing Amy?" You ask her.
"Yeah, I think so!" She replies.

Jeff and Amy have been getting on like a house on fire since meeting that night at Steve's party. They've been on a few dates together and have become more official but he is yet to ask her to be his girlfriend, although you're sure that'll come soon as you'd think they've known each other for years when you see them together. Jeff is so visibly happy everyday now and you know that it is Amy putting the smile on his face. She's became a part of the gang with ease, as if she has always been there, so you really hope things work out between them as she is a great girl.

"So Eddie is going to be wearing a bow tie and everything then?" Chrissy giggles as she rakes through a rail of sparkly, lace dresses.
"Yep, the whole shabang." You laugh.
"I can just picture him now, god love the tailor fitting his suit for him, I can see the look of disgust on Eddie's face." Chrissy laughs.
"He's so silly, it's just for one night I told him! But you know Eddie, ripped jeans and baggy tees are his uniform." You sigh, "he's going to look so handsome though." You blush.
"Oh for sure, our guys are gonna look so handsome in their get up." She giggles.
"Now it's just our turn to get something pretty to match them." You smile and begin rooting through another rail of dresses in search of the perfect one.

"So lemme guess, black?" Chrissy asks you with a smile.
"You guessed correct." You tell her as you search through an abundance of black tulle.
"Thought as much," she giggles.
"Lemme guess.... Pink?" You laugh.
"I'm not actually sure yet, I'll just see what I like I guess." She shrugs.
"You'll look stunning no matter what." You tell your friend.
"You're too sweet." She replies with a warm smile.
"I guess we just pick a bunch and try them all on?" You laugh, feeling overwhelmed already by the selection.
"I guess," she laughs, "they're all so pretty I don't know how I'll choose!" She tells you.