At Home, At Last

The dishes are washed and dried, the kitchen is sparkling clean. You and Eddie make a great clean up duo. Wayne and your dad are in their usual spots in front of the TV, a football game is blaring loudly as they shout and cheer on their teams. Your Mom is nestled into the corner of the sofa reading a book with a glass of red wine, you have no idea how she can concentrate on reading with the noise of the TV and the two big kids shouting in front of it; but this is her happy place. Even happier now that you and Eddie are back under the same roof.

You and Eddie are sitting out on the steps of your back porch, he's smoking a cigarette in the dim moonlight.

"You know, I'm sorry Y/N, for being so shitty to you earlier

"You know, I'm sorry Y/N, for being so shitty to you earlier. Calling you a clone and saying you think you're too good for everyone. You know I don't actually think that of you, right?" Eddie says apologetically, his eyes doe eyes searching for forgiveness within yours.

"You know what though Eddie, I actually think you might be right. I've changed. I haven't intentionally tried to be like Chrissy of course, but what, with cheer and hanging around them all the time maybe I am becoming one of them.." You wonder out loud, glancing down at your feet that are resting on the step below where you're perched.
"No." He huffs out, "you're definitely not one of them Y/N you're too nice for that." He replies.

"They can be nice too you know, especially Chrissy but you've never given her a chance

"They can be nice too you know, especially Chrissy but you've never given her a chance." You say.
"Yeah well, she's not my type of gal." He laughs again, blowing out a cloud of smoke and flicking the ash from the end of his burning cigarette.
"Well don't judge her by her looks, we know ourselves, you can't judge someone by first impressions." You reply as you gesture a hand towards him, I mean, he dresses like a scary, hard core metal head but has a heart of gold.
"Hmm yeah, you are maybe right about that I suppose." He says, while drawing from the cigarette between his lips again.

"So you'll give Gareth a chance as well then? I know you're not his biggest fan" He laughs, eyebrows raised as he tilts his head towards you.
"Yeah..suppose I'll give him a chance to redeem himself. If you're friends with him, he can't be that bad." You reply, leaning towards him to rest your shoulder against his.
"Same goes for Chrissy." Eddie says and stubs out his cigarette.