The Best is Yet To Come

"Scooch back a bit," Eddie says, curving his fingers around your naked waist, guiding your back towards his chest.
"You're spoiling me," you giggle as you stand in front of him, suddenly his hands are in your hair lathering it in strawberry scented shampoo. The smell fills the misty atmosphere of your cramped shower. He's careful to avoid your ears, yours eyes.
"You deserve it." He replies while massaging your scalp with his sure fingers. The sensation makes you tilt your head back, closing your eyes in bliss.

"It's a little knotted, lemme get the conditioner," he says as you stand silently below the stream of hot water, rinsing away the fruity bubbles. You can't help but smile at the way he searches the tiled nook in your shower for the right product. "There it is," he says, gesturing for you to turn your back to him once more. He smothers the ends of your hair in thick conditioner, being so careful not to tug on any knots and cause you any discomfort.

"Now I'll leave that in for a minute or so to - do it's job, or whatever," Eddie chuckles quietly before he spins you back around to face him once more, noses almost touching.
"Your turn then?" You suggest, grabbing for the shampoo.
"Oh honey," he smirks, "I thought you'd never ask," he laughs, sticking his head under the shower head and spraying water everywhere, you shield your eyes from the spray.

"Eddie!" You squeal, "you're going to flood the place!" You faux complain through your laughter, pushing him away from under the stream, his hair is definitely wet enough.
"Just getting prepared for you, baby," he smirks before spinning around, bending his knees ever so slightly, to make it easier for you to reach his hair. You copy his actions, massaging his scalp with your shampoo, helping him to rinse it out without getting any bubbles in his eyes, before smothering his unruly mane in conditioner too.
"Leave that on for a minute or so to, 'do it's job'," you repeat back to him with a small smirk.

Now, Eddie meticulously slathers vanilla scented foam all over the rest of your body, you lean your shoulder comfortably against the tiled shower wall, allowing him to do as he pleases with you. You can feel your eyes blinking slowly closed, struggling more and more to keep them open as a yawn escapes from you.
"Tired, sweetheart?" His soft voice just louder than the stream of the shower.
"Very," you groan and rub your eyes.
"Let's get you rinsed off and into bed then, huh, how's that sound?" He says as he stands to his feet, guiding you underneath the warm, soothing water.
"Just perfect." You smile lazily, allowing Eddie to do all the work.
"Perfect like you," he says as he kisses the tip of your nose, forcing a sleepy, toothy grin from you.

You're feeling completely drained of energy after your long day down at the station. To think when you woke this morning to see the sun in the sky, you'd dreamed of a picnic by the lake, but instead spent the day inside on a rickety, uncomfortable chair under the fluorescent lights of the Hawkins police station. That was definitely not how you planned to spend your Saturday with Eddie.

Eddie takes on the role of your own personal nurse the second you told him you were tired. He rinses your body and hair of any shower products, he turns the water off, wraps your body up in a fluffy towel, tries his best to also wrap your hair up in a towel- but fails miserably, which has you giggling deliriously at his sweet attempt. Once he has you back in the your bedroom, he towel dries you from head to toe before dressing you in your comfiest pyjamas. They are not sexy in the slightest, they're white and fluffy, with pink bunny rabbits all over. Not very 'metal' as Eddie would say. But he thinks you look cute and cosy. And if he's being honest, you're sexy in anything you wear.

He peels the covers back, helping you into bed, fluffing your pillow for you. You do so without any protest, that is until he is about to leave the bedroom instead of getting in beside you.
"Hey," you croak with one eye struggling to stay open, "where you going?"
"I'm just gonna tidy up a bit, I kinda did flood the bathroom a little," he snorts a short laugh, "I'll be back in a minute babe." He says with a smile as he clutches the door in his hand, leaning against it.
"Don't be too long, I'll," you're interrupted by a yawn gnawing at you, "I'll wait up on you."
"Alright baby, close your eyes." He whispers with a knowing smile as he leaves the room quietly, you'll be asleep within seconds.