The Night Before

-⚠️smut⚠️-

Jenny secured the wedding venue that she wanted and your mom insisted that she would be the one to decorate it and get it ready for the big day. She's enlisted the help of you, Eddie and your dad also. Jenny gave your mom a few pointers on how she'd like the venue to look but left most of the choices to your mom. She trusts her judgement completely even though they've not known each other for that long yet, they feel they've known one another for years.

The big day is tomorrow so your mom has a long list of jobs that she wants completed tonight to get the place looking beautiful for the wedding. First of all, the group get the room which the ceremony will take place in decorated. Jenny wants to keep things fairly simple, rustic and true to the barns roots. Eddie and your dad set out rows of white chairs, lining the aisle of which Jenny will walk down to meet Wayne. Your dad created a wooden arch for the makeshift alter, you and your mom hang white and sheer curtains from it to soften it a touch, then you add huge bouquets of fresh flowers to the frame. Your mom DIY'd some wooden signs with writing on them to place near and around the alter so you help her to place these. You and Eddie then scatter dried flower petals everywhere your mom instructed.

After an hour or so, the ceremony room is ready for the big day. You all take a step back and admire your hard work.
"Happy?" Your dad asks your mom.
"Very!" She grins. Eddie yawns widely, your mom catches him from the corner of her eye, "don't start yawning yet young man, we've still got a loooong night of decorating ahead!" She laughs and nudges his arm. "Let's set the dining hall now." She says excitedly as the group follow her lead into the next room.

"Ed, please grab these lights and take them over there, hang them on the roof

"Ed, please grab these lights and take them over there, hang them on the roof." Your mom instructs, pointing Eddie in the right direction.
"Sure thing." He answers and does exactly as your mom says, he knows better than to disobey her when she's in full organisational mode.
"Y/N honey, put these candles on the tables please, just place them through the foliage." Your mom asks you.
"Okay boss." You laugh and follow her instruction.

"Have you got a job for me, boss?" Your dad asks her as he enters the barn and places boxes full of tableware down.
"Hold the ladder for Ed while he strings those lights up, we don't need him falling and breaking a bone before tomorrow." She laughs.
"That's probably a good idea dad, I'd get right to that if I were you." You laugh and point to where Eddie is literally hanging off the top of a high ladder, one foot on the steps and one foot dangling in mid air as he haphazardly hangs the fairy lights.
"Oh shit, that could end in disaster." Your dad laughs as he runs over to help Eddie.

"Y/N can you help me set the table." Your mom asks you once you have finished placing the candles, she's unwrapping various plates from the boxes your dad brought in.
"How many people?" You ask her as you grab a stack of plates.
"Ermmm, let me check.." she pulls a note out of her jeans pocket, "30 on the dot." She smiles. You begin setting the table for 30 people, placing a plate, silver polished cutlery, a wine glass and a water glass at each seat.