Clean Up On Aisle 6

You hum along to the music that blares above your head, interrupted intermittently by ads and special offers, as you push your shopping cart leisurely up and down the fluorescent lit aisles. You listlessly grab the essentials to stock up the the apartment, which had become bare and barren after being abandoned all week, house work and grocery shopping alike. You've been so busy with college and volunteering recently that you've completed neglected your home life, barely having the energy to even shower when you get home, never mind do chores which are never on the forefront of your mind.

You did however, manage to bag yourself dinner with your parents one night and then with Jenny and Wayne the next night, which you were so grateful for. It felt so good to have someone else cooking for you after a long day, when all you wanted to do was lay your head down and rest. You also had to catch them up on the latest between you and Eddie, letting them know that things were all fixed and better than ever. Your family and his were of course so relieved to hear this news and happy that things between you and Eddie were finally back on track, for good this time.

Chrissy and Amy were glad to hear it too when you had them over for takeout after a particularly long day at the hospital volunteering. Although, Chrissy promised she would still be 'having words' with Eddie for hurting you and swore to the heavens above that if she ever seen that Al*ce bitch, that she would 'punch her lights out'. This had you and Amy laughing so hard that you could barely even catch your breathe, your ribs ached as you rolled around on the sofa together in fits of giggles, hiccuping, with hot tears pouring down your cheeks and sore cheeks from smiling so wide.

Although it's been a long and exhausting week, it was nice to get back to 'normal' in terms of your relationship at least. Eddie called you every single spare minute of his day, even if he knew you weren't home to answer the call, he'd still leave you little voice mails on the telephone for you to come back to after what you would call a 'shitty day'.

Sometimes it was just a simple, 'Hey baby, just got finished up and wanted to let you know that I love you, bye!', or sometimes even shorter ones just to say, 'Love ya!', or really long ones of him singing and strumming his guitar along to part of a chorus of a new song they'd just finished up recording, 'So that's kinda how it goes, you'll hear it on the official record soon, okay I gotta run, love you.' His voice mail ramblings never failed you make you smile through your tiredness and had become part of your routine when you got home from a busy day, kicking your shoes off and shrugging off your jacket while you listened to his voice and giggled to yourself.

But now here you were, white knuckling the handlebar of the shopping cart as you tried desperately to keep your eyes pried open, so tired that you can't help the yawns that keep gnawing at you from within, escaping from your mouth and being muffled by your hand. You're too focussed on staring at the cereal options, debating which one to pick this week, when you feel your cart thud into something and bounce back to hit against your own hips sharply.
"Oh shi -sugar," you correct yourself, "sorry I didn't see you there." You fluster to get a hold on the cart while tossing a box of generic cereal into it, looking up and ahead to the person you almost mowed down in your dazed out state.

But as soon as the person spins around, you regret the apology. This certain person doesn't deserve it. If there's anyone who deserves to be run down with a shopping cart it's Billy Hargrove.
"Hey there, sweet thing." He licks his upper lip from one edge of his mouth to the other, eyes squinting slightly to take you in as he clutches a six pack of beer in one hand and a box of Lucky Charms under his armpit.
"Ugh," you grunt, rolling your eyes, beginning to manoeuvre your cart around him where he stands staring at you like you're a juicy steak, "piss off, Billy," you sigh as you try to rush passed him.