You Are My Future

You lay on your bed with your head resting on Eddie's chest, your hair is still damp from the romantic shower you had taken together earlier tonight, you're now cuddled in watching a movie with him in the dim candlelight of your bedroom. Your mom and dad had appeared home not long after you and Eddie were finished washing up in the bathroom so that had been good timing. Your mom had brought home takeaway pizzas so you all shared them around the table, chatting about the week that had passed and Eddie told them all about a new song he was writing with the band that he couldn't wait to start playing at the weekend gigs. He hasn't even let you hear the song yet, you watched him practice the melody on his guitar but he hadn't let you listen to any of the lyrics. He said you'd hear it when it was ready and not while it was still a work in progress, he wanted it to be perfect before you listened.

As you lay your head onto his chest, you can hear him faintly humming along to a tune that you don't recognise. You begin to wonder if it's the new tune he's writing, but you don't bother to question him on it as you know his answer will be a firm 'no' as it has been all the other times you've asked him for a sneak preview of it. He lays his hand gently onto your hair, tousling his fingers into it to softly massage your scalp before running his fingers through the length and repeating. With graduation coming up, you wonder if lazy movie nights like these will become less frequent once you hopefully begin college and Eddie gets a full time job. You hope things won't change but you can't help worry about it, after all you and Eddie haven't really discussed it properly with one another.

"So your mom was telling me that Wayne has a mystery woman." Eddie tells you when the movie finishes and the credits roll, you turn your head away from the screen to stare up at him.
"What, really?" You ask shocked.
"Yep really, turns out he sneaks off to her place some nights when he tells me he's at work. She's been around the trailer a lot more recently since I'm not there so much now too." He tells you.
"Oh my gosh, sly dog! He kept that one quiet." You giggle.
"You know what he's like, he likes a private life." Eddie replies.
"Sure I know that, but you haven't even met her? You don't even know her name?" You ask him.
"I swore to your mom I wouldn't bring it up with him until he's ready to tell me about her himself." Eddie tells you.
"My mom is such a gossip! That woman can't keep a secret." You laugh.

"Well actually that's what I've been meaning to talk to you about, that's not all she let me know that night.." Eddie begins to tell you.
"Oh, is that right?" You scrunch your brows wondering what other secrets your mom had to spill to Eddie.
"She may have let slip that you're a little worried about the future." He says, his hand still running softly through your hair as the other one holds you around your waist, you lay your head against his chest and stare up into his chocolate brown eyes.
"Oh did she now.." You sigh, a little annoyed that your mom would mention this to Eddie before you had the chance to speak to him about it yourself.
"Please don't be annoyed at her though, she was only trying to help I suppose." Eddie tells you, "she said you've been worrying about Corroded Coffin making it big and me running off and forgetting about you?" He asks.
"Well it was just a silly thought, selfish really. The band are good, great in fact, I can totally see you guys making the big time. I'll admit it pains me a little to think of you being off on tour or something and leaving me behind here." You sigh.
"Nothing's guaranteed, we only play a few gigs on the weekends." Eddie shrugs, you place your hand onto his cheek and softly rub circles onto his skin with your thumb.
"You guys are talented, your shows are packed out to the max, it's only a matter of time before someone sees the potential and then I'm sure your career as a musician will sky rocket." You tell him with a smile, his face matches yours as a grin spreads across his appearance.

"You know it's my dream." He tells you.
"Of course! You've never wanted to be anything else and you've worked so hard to get to the level you're at now, you and the guys deserve the success." You tell him with a genuine smile even though the topic pains you slightly.
"But you gotta know something Y/N, no matter what happens, I am not gonna leave you behind. No amount of money, fame or fans could ever replace your meaning in my life." Eddie reassures you and leans down to plant a kiss onto your forehead, you smile.
"You say that now...." You sigh as the smile slowly fades away.
"Y/N I mean it! If you wanna go to college then do it, we will get a place together, I'll be home as much as I possibly can be, I wanna provide for you. If the band is a flop then that's fine too, I'll get a full time job somewhere local and we can be together all the time." Eddie smiles, even though you know he'd rather be a rockstar than anything else in this world.