39.1 Stupid

Seokjin went back home earlier today, right after reviewing the contract offered by Namjoon. He set a date to meet the guy, to have a further discussion about the offer.

"Jungkook?" He called Jungkook immediately after enter his house, but Jungkook already went to his room when he heard the car's engine arrived.

'He's still mad.. Why are you so stupid, Seokjin? You didn't wait three years for this!' He mumbled, mad at himself.

He stood at the main door for a while, still figuring what to say to Jungkook.

Click!

Jungkook peeking from the upstairs, "Um.. Hey.."

Seokjin looking up. He saw a glimpse of Jungkook's brown hair behind the room door.

"Oh hey.." he replied.

"I got a call from Disposal, regarding the scandal. They want to confirm that it was me in the car with you that night. They want to come here to interview us."

"Oh, yea, about that.. You don't have to agree if you don't want to do it.."

"It's fine. I have to clean your name."

"Why?"

"Because it will ruin my reputation too if it's true that you are cheating on me."

"Ah.. But I didn't—"

"I know you didn't cheat on me. You dont have to explain it. After all we are not a real couple, so I don't really mind it."

Seokjin felt a piercing pain in his chest.

"I told Jimin about the interview, he said we might have to act like we are a happy couple.."

"Oh, okay... I'm okay with tha–"

"Please forget about what I'm saying that day. I will still do my best to help."

"Jungkook.."

"Uhmm.. That's.. all I wanna say. Good night."

"Wait, Jeon Jungkook.."

Jungkook freeze. Never once Seokjin calling his full name. And for him to do that making him fear of him.

He clearly hear Seokjin's footsteps rushing climbing the stairs. His heart thumping so loud that he feels so scare to face the husband. He's still suffering embarrassment from last time and he didn't want Seokjin to pitying him.

..

Tbc
Jo, 325, 260123, 2106