286. How you can be so mean to me?

In Anna’s eyes, it was an extravagant hope, but in his eyes, it seemed to be a compulsory thing, a thing he was supposed to do.

Anna looked into his eyes, felt a little nervous and avoided eye contact.

Did she overthink?

She somehow felt as if he had confessed something. He said it so calmly and so seriously. Just in a moment, she felt a sense of security, and her mind thought a lot.

Anna thought of her mother. She was in her forties. She will be 50 years old in a few years. But every day of her life, she had to work hard.

Because her father didn’t make enough money, her mother had to work hard to manage the living expense. There was a time when Anna didn’t work and had no income, it was a time when her father often quarreled with her mother.

Maybe it was the reason that her mother began to make money very seriously!

So, it was a rare thing for her, as a woman, to be able to hear a man saying that - I’ll raise you all my life.

-

Anna went to sleep again and got up at exactly 12 o’clock.

She took a bath and changed the bedsheet.

Lisa came in from the outside and saw her cleaning the sheets in the washbasin. She hurriedly came over and said, "Anna, why are you washing the sheets? You are ill, you should have a good rest. Let me do this."

"No, it’s okay." Anna was embarrassed. She also found blood on it when she got up. She didn’t want to be seen by the servants, so she picked them up to wash. She said to Lisa, "I’m almost done with it."

Lisa said, "I heard Jack saying that you are ill, you also didn’t go to university. Are you seriously ill?"

"It’s okay. I am much better after taking the medicine." She was only too tired, so she had a fever. She was not really very sick.

Lisa squatted down. "You go and have a rest. I’ll do it."

Lisa was distressed to see that Anna was ill but still doing such things.

Anna said, "I am really fine."

When they were talking, Daniel Taylor came over. He got up a little earlier than Anna and just went to his study.

"What’s the matter?"

Lisa sighed, "She is ill but still washing the bedsheets. I said to her to give it to me, but she doesn’t let me."

Daniel Taylor said, "You go to cook something. Anna must be hungry."

"All right."

Lisa left, Daniel Taylor pushed his wheelchair and looked at Anna. "What are you doing?"

Anna wiped the soap and felt even depressed to see it. It was a white bed sheet and the bloodstain can’t be washed off.

"The sheets are dirty," She said. "I’m afraid Aunt Lisa will see them."

Daniel Taylor took a look at the sheets that she soaked in the water and said, "The sheets at home are dry cleaned, so you have already destroyed it."

"..."

Anna pulled up the wet sheet and said, "What should I do now? Just throw it?"

She always saw that the sheets have been washed by water. Unexpectedly, there were so exquisite sheets in this house.

"Throw?" Daniel Taylor looked at her with a solemn expression. "Do you know how much this bedsheet cost? Didn’t the teacher teach you that economizing is a virtue of our nation?"

Anna was really sad about the bedsheet at the beginning. But after looking at Daniel Taylor’s serious appearance, she suddenly felt that there was something wrong.

"How you can be so mean to me?"

In the bed, he was very gentle, but in the twinkling of an eye, he became so strict!

"..." Daniel Taylor was stunned for a while, he said, "I just care about you. You are already ill, and you come here to wash the bedsheets."