Chapter 1

When you decide you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. 

Here I am with cute and short love story of two differently same souls, who are completely unaware of each other, yet end up making promises for life. So, lets just not waste time and get going to witness the start of "rest of their life."

It was a bright sunny morning. A cute girl, ya ya of course our Nandini, was sleeping happily under her comforter. Although it was spring season, the Sun was in no mood to hide behind the clouds. After having passed by a hectic week, it was finally Saturday and Nandini was in no mood to get up from her bed.

She was doing her Undergrad in Business from University of Wisconsin, Madison

She was doing her Undergrad in Business from University of Wisconsin, Madison. It is one of the colleges with very few Indian students. Being one of the most active students, Nandini was the student ambassador. A student ambassador's job was to walk through the new students before the classes start and getting them happily accommodated to the school. She has been doing this for the last 1 year and now she is in her senior year. In this 1 year, the university never had an Indian student enrolled. So all her friends there were either Americans or Chinese. But her best buddies were Emily, Matt and Alice.

As tomorrow is going to be the first day of the semester she wanted to take full rest today and not step out of her bed. Alas! She was so wrong. Judy, the International Office director called her. She ignored the call twice and the third time she picked it up after seeing Judy's name.

"Hello Sweetie!" said a sweet voice from the other side. Nandini was very close to Judy right from the day she entered the school.

"Hello Judy! How are you this morning?" she asked. "I am Good dear and how about you?" asked Judy. "I am great Judy. I was planning on not getting up from my bed today but I know you are definitely going to shatter all my hopes. Today is not even Sunday for Mass prayer. So how did you call me this early? Is everything alright?" Spoke Nandini without breathing. 

Judy chuckled at her cute and worried questions and said "Relax Sweetie. Everything is fine. I wanted you to come to my office at the earliest. I have something important for you. So my sleepy head get up, get ready and see me in the next one hour".

"Okay Mam" Nandini said naughtily. "I will see you in 30 minutes" she said and disconnected the call.

In Judy's Office:

"So, you are Manik right? It is so nice to have you here Manik. I have called Nandini. She is the only Indian student here till now and is one of the student ambassadors. She will be here in a while, give you a school tour and you can take her help to find an apartment as you said you don't want to live in the dorms" said Judy to the man who was sitting opposite to her in her office.

Manik is from Mumbai, India. He is here to pursue his masters. He is a basketball player. It's been just a couple of days he came from India. The university provides accommodation for new students but just for a week so he had to find a house for himself. Manik had a lovely family, with cute parents and a younger sister. Two years back in a plane crash, he lost his family and was left alone. These two years he had his best buddies Cabir and Abhi. There were three things Manik loved the most. His mother, his basketball and his favorite guitar which he bought with his first salary. Though he belonged to a super-rich family, Manik worked as a part time basketball coach in his college while doing his Bachelors. He was approached by many girls for love (now I don't think I have to talk about the way he looks, it is understood :p) but never accepted any proposal as he thought love is not his thing. (Key word: thought).

After his parents' death he took care of their business for a couple of years, He always wanted to get a business degree from a top university in The USA. So, he handed over the business to his chacha and studied hard for the exams and aced them. He was so happy after getting the admission from University of Wisconsin as he finally got the chance to make his dreams come true...his parents dream come true.

Meanwhile Nandini got ready, grabbed a sandwich and chocolate shake and reached Judy's office.

 "Good Morning Jeff! How are you doing this morning?" she asked Jeff, the front office assistant at Judy's office

"Good Morning Jeff! How are you doing this morning?" she asked Jeff, the front office assistant at Judy's office. "I am great Nandu! And I see Judy disturbed your Saturday beauty sleep" he mocked her.

She gave a "Go to hell Jeff!" look to him and knocked on Judy's door.

"Come on in Sweetie" said Judy form inside. She entered the office and gave a look at Manik. She had no clue why Judy called her.

"Hello Judy. So I am here. Tell me what I can do for you?" she asked.

"Nandu, this is Manik. He is from India and is here for his Master starting this semester. I want you to walk him through the induction program and get him accommodated here. I know no one can do this better than you. So here are his forms. Help him to fill these out and then you guys can just roam around. You should see Brendan as well, as Manik is a basketball player. Brendan would like to add him to the team. I believe you can do this for me" she finished and handed over the forms to Nandini.

Phew!!!! I finally finished writing. I still can't believe I did this. I mean I actually wrote something. I know this seems like a piece of shit. Read and let me know your comments. This will be a short story as I don't trust my writing skills. I will finish it in 20-30 chapters if you guys want me to continue. So, now it's your turn. 

Mrsjustin1 ! you are my only inspiration to write.. Do read it and let me know if I have the eligibility to continue writing... :D:D:D RocheeJain  shivu_05 @Tia_jayde tum log bhi :D:D I will wait for your reviews... !!!