Thirty two

Please excuse the unintentional typos!

Next morning:

It was Manik who got up first as he had to leave early. He quickly got ready and cam e to Nandini's apartment.

He knocked once and opened the door with the key. When he entered Nandini was looking at her phone. She was reading the message Manik sent.

Though he was there in front of her, she replied to his message,

"It's okay Manik. Don't blame yourself. Tum sahee time pe aaye the na... I can't imagine what if you weren't there then kya hotha... I wouldn't have tried to face him"

He saw her typing something without even looking at him once, though she saw him coming in.

Manik's phone beeped and he opened to check it. He read the message and looked at her. Now he started typing.

"Hmm... I still feel I couldn't protect you" he replied.

She saw the message and now they were texting to each to her, standing opposite to each other.

N: Forget it Mani! It's okay I ma fine now J

M: are you sure?

N: yes baba!

M: Okay!

N: Acha I forgot to tell you something

M: What?

Now instead of replying, she looked at him and said, "Good morning Manik" and both started laughing.

"Paagal hain hum Manik" she said and pat his shoulder.

He side hugged her and said, "Very good morning Nandini. Ha! Who toh hain" he said smiling.

"Acha come lets have breakfast... today we have South Indian special rava idly" she said with a wide grin.

"Wow! I love idly... lets attack" he said and went into the kitchen.

"Wow Nandini these are yummy" he said while eating/

"Thanks... but is mein mera kuch credit nai hain ... they are instant idlies I just have to heat them" she said.

"Phir bhi! They have Nandini's touch" he said holding her hand.

"Acha ! Enough now... jaldhi karo... we have to go" she said. Soon they both finished breakfast and went to school in Manik's car.

"Wow! It feels so good to drive to school. We can reach school in one minute. I hate walking through that uphill..." Nandini said.

"That's true! "He agreed.

They reached in just a couple of minutes as school was real close.

"Okay Nandini! Take care and koi bhi problem ho toh just give me a call. I will make sure you won't see him but if you do, toh bilkul darnaa math.. tum meri brave girl ho na?" he asked cupping her cheeks.

"Haan!" she replied smilingly.

"Good. That's like my girl" he said and kissed her forehead.

"Okay! Let's go now. Aur I will see you at lunch" he said and they got down the car.

"Bye Manik" she said and went away.

After three hours:

Manik was still in practice and nandini was waiting for him in the cafeteria. It's been already 15 minutes that she was there. She called him up but he did not pick up. She thought she'll go see him at the basketball ground and started walking when she heard someone calling her.