Chapter 5

Tadaa! I am here again...with another update...this one is going to be exactly opposite to the previous one... Enjoy ! :)

It was morning. Manik opened his eyes feeling something heavy on him. They were laying on the grass in the apartment lawn and nandini was completely laying over him, tightly holding his polo collar. She looked so cute while sleeping. Her cheeks had marks of dried tears. He felt a pain in his heart when he remembered her condition last night. He remembered how before going to sleep she asked him let her sleep as it was a Sunday. He immediately picked her up and laid her down on the bed. He opened the fridge and found that they were running out of milk and other basic groceries. He grabbed his wallet and went to the nearby grocery store and bought some Mac and cheese for breakfast and a milk carton.

When he came back he found nandini happily sleeping fully snuggled in the bedsheet. He silently started to make some breakfast. He was amazed to see how neatly Nandini had things arranged in that small kitchen. She had all the necessary items to cook which made him guess that she is an awesome cook...after all she made yummy biryani for him the other day. Once he was done making the breakfast, he freshened up and came to wake her up.

"Nandini" he said slowly patting her shoulders. She dint move. (hehe just like me... ek baar bulaane se kabhi nai uthaa jaatha)

"Nandu" he called again and now she moved slowly keeping her eyes still closed. "Uth jao na. I know you wanted to sleep, but get up have something aur waapas so jaana" he said lovingly.

She slowly got up and smiled at him. Last night's memories flashed in her brain. How she opened up to him, how lovingly he consoled her. She suddenly widened her eyes, thinking how they got back to the room as the last thing she remembered was the hug.

"Manik, mein yahaa kaise? Don't tell me now I started to sleepwalk!!! Aiyappa... bas abhi ek yehi rehgayaa" she started blurting not giving him a chance to speak.

"Nandini..Nandini! relax. Tum ne koi sleep walk nai kiya. I picked you up got you here. We slept last night in the lawn itself. Abhi who sab chodo get up aur fresh ho ke aao. I made breakfast. Lets have it and them ghoomne jaayenge" he said.

She agreed. She quickly took a bath and came out wearing her cute Superman tshirt. Manik smiled at her and gave her the breakfast plate. Mac and Cheese was Nandu's favorite (actually my favorite :D)

"Wow Manik! This is my favorite. Thank you very much" she had a wide smile on her face. Manik was happy to have the old Nandu back again.

"Always keep smiling Nandini. Smile suits you" she said pulling her cheeks.

"Okay Manik! Bathaao tumhe kya karnaa hain aaj?" she asked him.

"Hmm..... let me think! Haan.. You asked me if I had a tuxedo for the Ball. So do you have a nice gown to match with my Tuxedo?" he teased her.

"Oh Shit! Mein toh bhool hi gayi Manik. The Annual Ball is just next week. Aur humein dance practice bhi karni hain...Time bilkul nai hain Manik. From tomorrow I will be busy engaging new students. Kya kare ab?" She again started panicking.

"Yaar tum kithni jaldhi tension le lethi ho.. Just breathe!" he said. She did the same.

"By the way what is the dance you are talking about? Mujhe koi dance wance nai karna. I suck at it nandini. Mein sirf tumhaara date hoon madam not dance partner" he said in a stern voice.

"Hawww manik! You cant say that now. Tumhe ye nai patha ki Ball mein log dance karthe hain. Don't worry we can represent our country's culture. We will dance for a nice Hindi number" she started planning already and here Manik was like What the Hell! Dance.. woh bhi for a hindi song.. Not happening dude!