Sixty One

Please excuse the unintentional typos.

"Bathaao na bhai... Who was that fifth person?" Nia asked again.

"Hmm.. Choti you love me right?" Manik asked doubtfully.

"Of course Bhai.. lekin aap aisa kyu pooch rahe ho?" she asked.

"Nandini, Alya can you guys excuse us for a moment?" he asked the other two girls.

Unwillingly, they agreed and left them.

"Agar meine tere liye hi kuch kiya, for your good, even though what I did might be a mistake, will you forgive me?" he asked, holding her hands.

"Bhai, I never had a family, jo bhi tha, bas Aryaman hi tha. And now I have you all, aur mujhe pathaa hain, you can never do anything wrong. Toh ab bathaao yeh sab interrogation kyu ho raha hain?" she asked playfully.

"Tujhe wohh dhin yaadh hain? When we met for the first time in your store?" he asked and she nodded her head in positive.

"Hum ne tujhse kaha tha ki Arya ne tumhaare store ke baare mein hamein bathaaya right?" he asked and she again nodded.

"Wohh sachh nai tha choti" he said.

Now the ambience was getting heated.

"Toh phir?" she asked.

He removed his phone, opened the gallery and showed her a picture. He could clearly see frowns on her face.

"Bhai? Yeh kaunsi picture hain? And who is that lady? I don't remember clicking any such picture with you all?" she started with her questions

"Choti listen to me.. relax.. Calm down.. mein sab kuch bathaaoonga, but you need to be patient okay?" he said hugging her.

"Bhai please tell me what is all this?" she asked still in the hug.

"You are my own sister. You are my Mukti" he said it and broke the hug.

"What?" she asked. Shocked would be an understatement to describe her situation.

"Yes! You are my little sister Mukti Malhotra. You were the fifth member of Fab5. And that lady, is our mother, Nyonika Malhotra. Two years back, mom, dad and we Fab5 met with an accident, an air crash. Unfortunately we lost Mom and Dad in that accident. But we couldn't even find you. It was so difficult for us to believe that we lost you as well. You were our little pet. It took me almost 6 months to get out of that trauma. After that, I was in India taking care of our business. A month back, I came here as it was dad's dream to see me holding a Management degree before I completely take up the responsibilities of our company" he stopped as she wasn't replying.

"Mom...Dad...I had a mom and dad?" she asked sadly.

"Yes! And you were their favorite kid, they always loved you more than me. When I saw your picture at the mall that day, I couldn't believe my eyes. I couldn't stop myself from reaching out for you. You can't even imagine how happy we were after knowing that you were no one, but our Mukti" he said with a content smile on his lips and happiness in his eyes.