Eighty Five

Sorry! The first update was kid of messed up with spacing and paragraph adjustments. So I had to delete that and  republish :)

"Madam, we just came home after travelling for a day and I need to freshen up. So, with your permission, can I take a leave?" Manik asked her. She was laying over him, playing with his shirt buttons, silently.

"Nandini, I need to change baby" he said again, and now she started to remove the buttons slowly.

"Oh so you are helping me change" he said. She was silently doing her work but there was a cute smile on her face.

"Is that smile an answer to all my questions? I love it though" he said and this made her smile more.

"Johnny Johnny" he said,

"Yes papa" she replied.

"Eating sugar?" he asked.

"No papa" she said.

"Telling lies?" he asked, "No papa" she replied.

"Open your moth" he said,

"ha ha ha" she laughed aloud.

"Yeh rhyme bol ne ke liye you open your mouth, but not to talk to me? Now Johnny is more important than Manik?" he asked.

"Manik you are crazy! You are comparing yourself with that character in a rhyme?" she said laughing.

"Acha now let me go, dinner bhi toh karnee hain na, it's 8 o' clock already and I am starving" he said.

"Okay! Tum fresh ho ke aao, like a good wife I will make dinner for you" she said getting up.

"Okay wifey" he said and went to his flat with his bags.

Nandini also changed and started cooking.

"It's been so long, I enjoyed some nice music while cooking" she thought and plugged in her ear phones and started cooking.

After good 30 minutes, Manik came back freshening up.

"Dinner ready?" he asked. She didn't reply.

"Oh madam, I am talking to you" he said again, she was swaying her head and not responding to him.

He walked a little closer and noticed that, she had her earphones plugged in and was busy stirring the vegetables. He slowly slid his hands around her waist which scared her to death.

"Huh" she said and turned around.

"Manikkk! What was that?" she shouted.

"Shh why are you shouting" he asked.

"Why am I shouting? You scared me. Aisa koi kartha hain kya?" she said.

"Hello! I called you twice and you didn't respond, that's why I had to do this" he said. "Acha kya bana rahi ho?" he asked.

"Tofu and vegetable curry with Rice. Rice is ready and this is almost done. Give me five minutes" she said and moved to the other side of the kitchen counter to check rice.

"Manik, can you get me that bowl" she said pointing a bowl on the top rack. He gave it to her,

"Acha dish out rice in that" she said without taking it.

"Okay Wifey" he said and started dishing out.

"Acha Nandini, how about both of us..." he stopped abruptly.