Seventy One

The picture in the media box is the cover made by ImLilMissComplicated
Thanks Angie for such a lovely cover :)

After party:

The guests started leaving slowly, after greeting the couple and wishing them luck.

The last guest to come in was Abhi.

"Sorry Manik, I know tu gussaa hain, but I am really sorry, was busy with a surgery" he said, while hugging Manik.

"Ji aap kaun" Manik said.

"Abey sorry bola naa ithna naatak kyu kar raha hain?" Abhi asked.

"yeh function ka time kya tha?" manik asked.

"Well, I had to come by 6 o' clock" abhi replied.

"When did you come?" asked manik.

Abhi looked at his watch, "hmm 10 o' clock" he replied.

"yahee hain teri dosti" Manik said.

"Abey drama bandh kar, aur Bhabhi ji se milaao ab" he said.

The girls were having their dinner, when the boys joined them.

Shock was an understatement to describe Abhi's reaction after seeing Mukti.

"Mukti" he said in a surprised voice. The girls got up from the chairs and walked to the boys.

"Meet my wife-to-be Nandini. Tu milaa tha isse pehle, yaadh hogi tujhe" Manik reminded him.

"Oh yes! Yaadh kyun nai hogi, Manik don't you think Nandini is too beautiful for some average looking guy like you" he said naughtily.

"You know what Abhi, mujhe bhi wahee lagaa tha when I saw Nandini for the first time" Cabir joined the teasing session only to get punched by Manik.

"Hi Abhi" Mukti said stretching her hand towards Abhi.

Abhi looked at Manik asking him with his eyes, while Manik assured him. Abhi shook hands with her,

"Hi Mukti, good to see you back" he said.

What no one except Manik knew was how much Abhi loved Mukti. He was distorted after hearing her death news. He suffered as much as Manik did. Since then, he neither looked at any other girl nor appreciated the idea of his parents of him getting married to someone else, it was not that he didn't love Mukti. He just wanted some time to set things in the right place. And Mukti was also okay with it.

"Missed me?" she asked making him dumb. That was it for him, he hugged her tightly and started sobbing.

"Where have you been all this while? Do you even know how much I missed you

"Where have you been all this while? Do you even know how much I missed you...how much I craved to get you back?" he said still crying.

"Abhi relax" she said. Manik pat hi back, and that's when he realized the surroundings again, and broke the hug.