153

Varun

One small phase of my life I could never forget.

The first time I saw her in the photographs when Harshad showed them to me, I was taken aback for a moment. I didn't know the reason behind Harshad targeting her. I didn't know about Manik. So I thought maybe I had a chance, may be!

But then when I saw her for real, she was even more beautiful and attractive.

Her eyes..so captivating, her voice..so soothing, her personality...fragile and pretty and her heart...sweetest.

But then, when you are so occupied with greed or bad thoughts, that devil doesn't let you see the good around. and the same thing happened with me.

I wasn't here to woo her or get wooed by her. She was work to me and I was always sincere to my work. I owed a lot to Harshad and that made me do whatever he said, but deep inside I always had a soft corner for her. these two nights were a struggle for me to see her that way, sad and bruised. But I had no choice. Fear overtook every other feeling.

But when Harshad said he was going to move her to somewhere away where I couldn't go either, I was scared. What if he harms her? What if he really never lets her go back to where she belonged to? Soch ke hi ithna darr lagta hain, aur agar sachh mein hua toh mujhe pata bhi nai chalega kuch bhi. And then when she asked me all those questions without any fear, I decided.

Harshad will be on hunt for me and once he reaches out to me, that will be my end, but I had a small ray of hope that Manik might help me out in this, only after breaking my bones, as I already said.

All throughout the way to the hospital, she was telling me stories about them. How they met, how they fell for each other, their surprise wedding and more. There was this spark in her eyes, that is seen only when she is around him or talks about him. How can someone love a person so deeply?

If not her, I really hope I find someone like her someday.

The moment we reached the hospital, she saw him through the window, he was there standing with his friends leaning over the car with a worried face. His head was dressed, thankfully. Otherwise Nandini would have freaked out.

"Nandini" I said before she got down the car.

She looked at me, "Yes" she said.

"Take care of yourself. I don't know if we can meet again after today. You will get back to your family and so will I, only after apologizing to Manik. I am going to pray for you both" I said. there was a different expression in her eyes.

"Where will you go? Harshad wont spare you. I think it's better if you come with us. We will help you in this" she said.

"That's really so kind of you, but that's alright. I deserve a punishment for all what I did" I said.

"You deserve a punishment for sure, but not from someone who deserves one too. I mean not from Harshad. Let me punish you" she said.

"Haha" I smiled.

"You know you are an angel" I said.

She smiled.

"But you have been my angel today. And I can never forget you for that" she said.

"Would you mind if I do something?" I asked hesitantly.

"No. But what's that?" she asked doubtfully.

I gave her a hug. God she is so tiny!

"Take care of yourself. And I will always be there for you as a friend. That's an angel promise" I said.