Eighty Four

Nandini

"I don't want to go back" I cribbed as Manik was packing our luggage. Finally the day of return has arrived. I didn't know how these two weeks just passed by, in a jiffy.

"Nandini, bas baba. You've been saying that for the last one hour. I have already finished packing your bags, and you are still stuck there" Manik said.

Why doesn't he understand if I say I don't want to go back? Aaaarghhh!!!

"Manik, I really don't want to go. Why don't you understand?" I said angrily.

"Nandini, Don't be stupid. If you don't remember, then let me remind you, you have a job, a house, a college to attend. I don't understand why I am fussing about it, when its your job" he said and continued packing. Hopeless, I thought and went out of the room.

Cabir! My only option. He brought me here, so he should stop me from going too. I went straight to his room. As we were leaving during the day, everyone took an off and stayed at home.

"Bhaiii" I said hugging him. Melodrama.

"Oh behnaa, kya hua?" he asked.

I fake cried, "I don't want to go back and he is not listening to me" I said sniffing.

"Why don't you want to go back?" Cabir asked.

"Because I just don't want to go, do I need a reason to stay here? Am I not part of your family?" I asked, just to increase the drama.

"You are a part of our family, the biggest part. But behna, you have to go back right. Your studies, you can't leave them incomplete. Now you have a job, a fiancé you should take care of, See he is definitely going to go, even if you don't. So you want him to go and be alone there?" Bhai asked.

"Bull's eye Bhai! You are also like him. Sab ek jaise hain yaha" I said, breaking the hug. Meanwhile Manik was down.

"Acha, trying to butter him and stay back? Not going to work to be Mrs. Malhotra. You are going and that's final" he said. I gave him an angry glare and sat on the couch. Navya was making all my favorite dishes today as I am leaving.

We were all talking when Bhai signaled me to look at Aryaman, he seemed to be lost somewhere. I noticed him for five minutes. His eyes were not moving off the screen of his phone. He was looking worried. What would be worrying now? We are going back, so he can get back to work at the earliest. I was just about to ask him, when he got up and walked out of the living room. I looked at Cabir and we were exchanging words through eyes and signs.

"Kya khichdi aur biryani pak raha hain yaha?" Manik asked. He must have noticed us.

"Not khichdi or biryani. Pasta pakaa rahe hain, Kyun tum khaaoge?" I asked.

"Very funny. Ha-ha-ha" he faked

"It wasn't meant to be funny either" I replied.

"Aree why are you both in that tiff mood. Come on Nandini. Be practical, it's not possible to stay here for now. But you can still come whenever you want to, and that's what he's trying to explain" Cabir said. he was right. I was acting foolish. I went to Manik, and stood in front of him, holding my ears and a sad pout.

 I went to Manik, and stood in front of him, holding my ears and a sad pout