154 - Fast Forward

When the calendar changes from 2017 to 2018:

Manik

Waqt kithni jaldhi beeth jaati hain...wohh muh se zyaada koi aur nai jaan sakta.

It's been two years since I have come to the States, and today I am here sitting amidst this huge crowd in the Camp Randall Stadium, here at Madison, waiting to walk down, get my degree and fly high with my degree in my hand.

Mom! Dad! I did it. Meine aap ka aur mera sapna poora kiya.

I really thought it would be difficult to achieve this feat, but thank heavens, with the amazing family I have, it was actually cakewalk....at least the last one year.

There have been many changes in our lives.

My darling, my potato, is now a proud entrepreneur. She runs her own café, selling Nandini's special magical cupcakes, muffins, handmade chocolates, Indian savories and more. Our dinner for the last seven months has been desserts...desserts and only desserts. Her cupcakes have become super famous now that, any party in Madison is incomplete without them. She has become a pro, making different varieties of cupcakes, some beautiful toppings that go with any event. She was placed in a couple companies, but realized it wasn't her thing. Neither of the jobs she thought would make her happy, so she went into running her own business. With the marketing classes and lectures I gave her, she could brand herself super great. But the only sad thing is that, once I graduate she needs to close it down as we will be moving to India, just a week after today.

William and Matt are placed in the same company, here in Madison. Matt and Lisa are now engaged. Another happy couple. Will couldn't find happiness with his girlfriend, so broke up with her, and is now in search of a girlfriend. Let me know if anyone of you is interested. Will is a great guy, you can count on me for that.

Aur rahi baat india waalon ki, Deepu aur Arya ki baby ko bohot jaldhi thi group mein add hone ki, toh she...oh yeah..it's a girl for them, our little princess Arika, so haan she was born just in her eight month itself. Her mom is here to take care of her. the gang visited her when the baby was born, as they couldn't stay afar, after knowing the news.

Aur mera bada bhai Cabir...he is now the CEO of Malhotra group of companies. Also, Cabir and Navya got married, a closed private wedding in Goa, five months ago. We had too much fun, with beach wedding being the theme. There was no control for Nandini. We created a history with the number of times we fought in that weeks' time. It was always like I was trying to control her, stop her from eating too much, from being 10 out of 24 hours in the beach, for shopping 4 hours a day, for not sleeping atleast for 5 hours in the night. Oh god! This girl!!!

Dhruv quit the company, to start his own music and dance school, leaving the entire responsibility of the company on Cabir. He is a big name in the movie industry, creating some amazing talent. He has many music videos, both singles and duet videos with Alya, making even her the most wanted face. Alya with her already extremely beautiful designs took up the management and styling for the school. Dhruv and Alya are one of the hotshot couples now. It really feels good to see my buddy grow heights. Also, Varun, the friend turned villain works for Dhruv in his music school.

And my crazy sister, Mrs. Mukti, is now six months pregnant. Abhi got promoted twice in this one year. So yeah, we all have been very happy over the last one year, except for one loss.

My Chacha died two months back, after surviving heart-stroke twice. I travelled alone, for the last rights. Nandini was here. Although he had done mean things to us, he was still family, my dad's own brother. It wasn't easy for me.

Harshad was jailed for almost five months, and then we bailed him out. Not sure what he is doing right now, since I had least interest in his life. He was sorry for what he had done, heartfully for the first time. I didn't want to spoil his life. I agree what he did was not right, but still, he is young, talented, and I didn't want his parents to suffer for his misdeeds. I remember Cabir telling me that they left Mumbai as soon as he was sent out of jail. Good for him.