Eighty Two

Manik, Nandini, Arya, Mukti and Deepika came back home, while the rest were off to work.

In Nandini's room:

Manik and Nandini were sitting on the jhoola together, hands intertwined and just feeling each other's presence. It was a silent hour. After quite a long hour, Manik noticed that she was asleep.

He was not able to get up from the jhoola as she was sitting very close to him. So he adjusted a little to give her enough space and was patting her head.

"White date..Hindi song..surprise gift.. she can't keep her brains idle for a moment, hamesha kuch na kuch planning" Manik self-thought remembering their day.

He took out his phone from the pocket carefully not disturbing her and sent the lyrics file of the two songs they are going to perform for the concert.

Those are some amazing lines Manik! Toh concert mein you are going to sing something for her? That's so sweet of you, she'll definitely be surprised

Alya replied.

After an hour, nandini got up.

"Hmm, I don't get this Manik" she said opening her eyes.

"Don't get what?" he asked.

"Why do you always do this? You can wake me up right" she said.

"It's okay, go freshenup. You have been sleeping in the same clothes. It's a pretty white dress, I am sure you want to keep it the way it is" he said.

"Oh yes!" she replied and got up.

Late at night when everyone were back from work, they had some regular chitchats. Deepika left after dinner and the rest all went to bed.

Next day was a busy day. A day full of practice. In the evening, Cabir and Manik went to the venue to check for the preparations. After making sure everything is perfect, they came back home.

Because of Nandini's insistence, they had another final round of practice. All this while, she doesn't know about the surprise for her.

Concert day:

Manik and Cabir were already up and sitting in the lawn discussing something, when Navya and Mukti joined them with coffee.

"Kya baathein ho rahe hain between the evil twins?" Navya said.

"Nothing important, thanks for the coffee" Manik said taking the coffee.

"Toh all set?" Navya asked.

"Yes! Performing after 2 years. It feels different" Manik said.

"You guys will do a great job" Navya replied.

Dhruv joined them in a while, "Manik, I just spoke to the commissioner. The security arrangements are also done. We are all set for the big day" Dhruv said.

"Sounds great" Manik replied.

The day just passed by in a blink and now, they were all set for the evening.

Alya, Mukti and Navya were ready and were sitting in the living room.

"Where is Nandini?" Alya asked.

"Nandini is here" they heard her voice from behind,. She was looking like a princess clad in a long pink skirt and a white crop-top.