Seventy Eight - Part 1

A terribly long update, (3646 words) to compensate the delay. Please excuse the unintentional typos. I tried my best to edit it.

Nandini

This man locks me up so tight, ki mein hil bhi nai paathi hoon.

"Manik" I said. No movement.

"Manik hato naa, I can't breathe" I said again pushing his hand away.

"Shh sone dho naa gudiya" he said. Gudiya? Doll?

"Mein gudiya?" I asked.

"haan meri pyaari gudiya. That's what I am going to call you from now" he said. Awww such a cute name.

"Acha ab gudiya ko uthnaa hain toh thoda hato" I said again and as usual, he locked me up more tightly.

I can never win this battle. I gave up and snuggled more into him.

"That's like my girl. Why do you even try even after knowing you can't win?" he asked.

"I never give up on anything. That's why" I replied.

"Really?" he asked.

"Yes" I replied.

"Nandini and Manik, see you in the evening" Cabir shouted form downstairs in his loudest voice possible.

"Bye Cabir" we shouted back.

"Acha what are we going to do today?" he asked me.

"As long as the 'we' part is in, I am ready to do anything. Are you going to stay at home today?" I asked him.

"Yes, I will be at home" he replied.

"Okay! Why not do some baking? I will teach you" I suggested.

"Baking and me? Don't you think it's a wrong combination?' he asked doubtfully.

"Definitely not! Why should I bake all the time? Even you have to do for me right?" I asked him. He had no choice but to agree.

"Okay! As my Gudiya says" he replied pulling my cheek.

"Okay, let me go at least now" I said and he let me go.

After freshening up, both of us went downstairs. Abhi was there. Mukti, Abhi and Arya were sitting on the couch chatting.

"Morning guys" we greeted them together.

"Huff finally you guys are here. We have four tickets for x-men. Hum log toh theen hi hain, was wondering if either of you wanted to join?" Mukti asked.

"Uhm... you guys carry on. We have plans for the day. It's okay, ek ticket reh bhi gaya toh" Manik said. Glad he said that! I was not in a mood to go out and watch a movie.

"Hey why not call Deepika?" I suggested. Arya's eyes shot open.

"Brilliant idea Nandu! Yes let me call her" he said and already dialed her number and invited. Guess she agreed. I could see that on his face.

"Okay get ready! We'll be there soon" he said.

"Guys she's in. We need to pick her up toh I'll get ready. Mukti tub hi jaa" he said dragging her up from the couch.

"Arya! Relax. It's just a movie. Jaa rahi hoon" she said and walked to her room. Manik and I smiled at each other. He has become another lovesick puppy.

"Hi Abhi! Watsup?" Manik asked as we sat down on the couch.

"Kuch nai bhai! All well. Aaj kuch zyaadha appointments nai the so I took a day off" he said.