Fifty One

Finished one tough exam today ! Toh socha why not give a small update ...

Night around 8 PM:

After studying for few hours both were tired. That's natural. Boks are the biggest sedatives ever... class books in special...

Manik went down to Nandini's apartment and knocked the door. She did not open it. He thought she might be sleeping and knocked again. After 4-5 times she opened it.

"Kaha thi madam" he asked crossing her. When she saw him walking ahead of her, she hugged him form back and rested her head on his back. He smiled at her cuteness and bent a little, that way he was carrying her. She closed her eyes and was almost sleeping.

"Nandini sona math" he said. But she was silent. He went into the kitchen in the same position, making sure she was secure. Silently he took out some pasta and started cooking.

"Nandinii don't sleep baby. Ye sahi time nai hain.. dinner karke so jaao" he said in a low voice.

"Shhh manik" she said.

He smiled more.

"Okay fine then, bed pe sulaa dhetha hoon and I will wake you up when food is ready" he said and was walking out of the kitchen.

"Nai mujhe aise ghode pe hii sonaa hain" she said stopping him.

"Nandini holi pe ek baar tumhaara ghoda ban chukka hoon aur nai banna mujhe.. isliye chupchap bed pe so jaao" he said and placed her on the bed. She immediately snuggled into her quilt and drifted to sleep.

He walked back into the kitchen and finished his cooking and came out to wake her up. That's when his eyes fell on a scrap book which was on her study table. He took it and started flipping the pages to see pictures of her childhood.

The first page had the picture of a beautiful lady, clad in a South Indian saree.

The next page had an equally charming man.

"Why does she have this old scrapbook here now?" he thought flipping the pages ahead

That was followed by a picture of a cute girl with the lady in the first pic.