151

A couple hours after they were asleep, she hears the bell ring.

"Manik, there's someone at the door" she says.

He doesn't respond.

"Manik, can you please go see who's at the door?" she asks again, and he is still asleep.

After the bell rings twice, she gets up, puts on her dress and walks up to the door. She pulls the curtains of the window adjacent to the door, and sees Varun. He was standing facing his back toward the door, so he couldn't see her.

She couldn't understand what he was doing at their place, at that time. Instead of opening the door, she goes back to the bedroom and tries to wake him up.

"Manik! Manik you donkey get up" she says pulling his hand.

"Manik" one final kick and he gets up with a jerk.

"Kya hua? Kya hua?" he says all panicked.

"It's Varun" she says.

"Varun who?" he says still drowsy.

"What? Varun? Varun where? Varun how? Varun when?" he starts blabbering.

"Manik! Manik relax. Varun here, Varun I don't know how, and Varun now" she replies to all his questions with a naughty smile.

"It's not a joke. Why is that jerk here?" he says getting up.

"Where's my shirt?" he asks looking around.

"Here" she says giving it to him.

The bell rings again.

"Did you not open the door?" he asks.

"No, I checked from the window. Uss ne mujhe dhekha nai" she says.

"Stay right here. Don't come out of the room. Infact, so jao. I will go deal with him and come back. Don't move okay?" he says making her sit on the bed.

"I will be right back" he says kissing her forehead and goes out to open the door, only after closing the bedroom door.

---------------

Manik

What is he doing here at this time? Pata nai kya chalta rehta hain isski dimaag mein.

I open the door and he is busy with his mobile.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Hey" he said with that stupid smile that I totally hate.

"What is it Varun? Why are you here now?" I asked.

"My car broke down in the next street and I know you live somewhere around, I was wondering if you could help me" he said.

"Well, I could have but not right now. You see it's too late" I said.

"You know you can behave nicer. I just need a ride up until the dorms. It shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes" he said.

What nonsense!

"Well, if you know that it doesn't take me more than 5 minutes to drive, you must be knowing that it doesn't take you more than 10 minutes to walk down. Now that you have walked until my home, go ahead. Good luck. See you tomorrow in the class. Don't be late. I am not a good teacher" I said and closed the door.

He was right. I could be nicer. But not to him.

I was walking back to the bedroom, when I heard another knock on the door.