Eighty Seven

Next morning:

Manik was the first one to get up.

HE checked his phone and saw 3 missed calls from Cabir. He was about to call him when Nandini's phone started buzzing. Matt was calling her.

"Morning Matty" Manik said picking up.

"Morning Manik! But technically its noon" he said and that's when Manik noticed that it was 12:30 PM.

"Freak! I think it's the Jetlag or travel issues. Watsup?" Manik asked.

"The reporting date is just 4 days away. Nandini wanted to shop, so I was wondering if you guys would like to join me and Lisa. We were planning to start around 1 o' clock" matt said.

"Let me wake her up, I will get back to you in a while" Manik said and hung up.

"If I start waking her up slowly, it's not going to work, toh direct attack" he thought.

"Nandini, Lisa, Matty and I are going shopping in 20 minutes. Wanna join?" he said in a little louder voice.

"Shopping? 20 minutes?" she got up with a jerk.

"Wah! My plan worked" he said laughing evilly.

"Plan?" she asked confusingly.

"Ya, I know shopping ka naam sunthe hi, you'll get up" he said.

"You are so dead Manik" she said getting up.

"Acha hold on! Listen, shopping plan is still on, get ready. Matt will be here in 20 minutes. Promise, I am not kidding you" he said.

"I will see you soon" he said and went to his house.

They both quickly got ready and Matt was also there on time.

"So secret engagement and all huh? Party tonight?" Matt asked.

"Sure! Let's inform others too after shopping" Nandini said

Soon they reached a mall, and split to do their own shopping, deciding to meet at the restaurant.

Manik and nandini headed to buy some business casual s for Nandini at Express.

"Oh I love all these! How I wish I could just buy the entire store" she said looking at the collection.

"You really want to buy the entire collection?" he asked.

"Oh no! How did I forget about my crazy boyfriend who takes my words seriously. No wonder, if you really get them all for me. But Manik please huh, meri ghar mein jagah bhi nai hain" she said.

"Okay baba! Now go choose what you want" he said.

"What choose what you want? You choose na, you have the best choice" she replied.

"Such a Drama Queen you are. I will choose the best two, the rest you do" he said and started looking for the best ones.

"I will get you the whole attire and you shouldn't say no" he said before choosing.

"Okay! Choose something nice for the first day" she said and he continued looking at the dresses. After screening through the whole collection, while she was busy with choosing the rest he called her to show her the look.

"Here you go! I think it looks perfect on you, the bag, these sandals and the Jacket" he said setting them up.

"This is more than perfect! I love the look" she said after seeing them.