Fifty Seven

I AM BACK!!!!!! I felt like this is one of the best updates I have written till now, It's shortk, cute and sweet...

Next morning:

Manik got up first, with her next to him. She had her hand wrapped around his arm and was sleeping cutely with a slight smile on her face. He lightly pecked her forehead and got down the bed.

He had his schedule packed for the whole day today, till the evening. So he quickly got ready and left leaving a note for her and her dress that got wet last night.

Good morning princess,

A busy Tuesday again. I will probably not see you at lunch, toh directly shaam ko milenge. Ho sake toh jaldhee ghar aa jao, the gang will be here by 4 in the evening.

Love you

After an hour:

Nandini got up, fiddling with the blanket over her, one hand searching for him next to her. After not finding him with closed eyes attempts, she half opened her eyes and found him missing. She slowly got up and saw a note under her pillow. A smile crept on her lips after reading it. And then she saw her dress that was hung to the door. Then the bell in her mind rung that she was in Manik's place and that she was in his clothes. She quickly changed and went to her house. Nia and Arya were already awake and were having coffee.

"How was the night?" Nia asked winking.

"Shut up Nia" Nandu said hitting her head, "Don't get any ideas" she added.

"Acha your coffee is in that cup, garam karke pee le" Nia said and sat on the couch with her mobile. She made a few calls, probably to her store as she was not there for a whole day and Arya was busy with his laptop.

"Jab bhi mein hospital mein nai hotha hoon na, something important comes up aur mujhe har vacation mein kaam karna padthaa hain... Ahhh my head is gonna blast with pain" he said palming his face.

Nandini stood behind him and started giving a nice head massage,

"tumhaare haathon mein jaadhoo hain nandini" he said enjoying the massage.

"Is it enough?" she asked.

"Yes! I needed it badly. Thankyou dear" he said side hugging her.

"No problem. Boldhenaa agar waapas chahiye toh" she said.

"Pakka" he replied.

"Acha Nandini. I know it's going to be a surprise, but is pink okay for you? We got a dress for you, and I must say yaar, bhai ki choice kithni amazing hain. He chose the best dress for you, not too heavy but very elegant, uske upar simple accessories and everything... bohoth lucky ho tum" Nia said.

Nandini slid a little and rested her head on Nia's shoulder.

"I know he has the best choice, and if it's for me, then it will be better than the best haha. Pink, blue, black whatever it is, I can just see his effort in making this day special for me. He would have done all this as a surprise even though I didn't ask him. But now that I asked him, he's not going to miss out on anything. How can such people even exist Nia? You know my own family disowned me and this guy coming from nowhere, is doing so much for my happiness. You are right.. I am lucky" she said

"Would you mind telling me about your family?" Nia asked hesitatingly.

"I lost my parents when I was 10. I grew up at my neighbor's place. Then I came to Madison for my high school. My parents' marriage wasn't accepted in either of their families, so they moved here permanently. Both were doctors. Even after their death, no one bothered to know how it all happened. I took some friends' help and enrolled here. The International office director is like my mother. You'll see her in the party. And then all of a sudden Mr. Manik came into my city, my college and then my heart, even into my house" they ended up laughing.