Forty Six

At Aryaman's house:

"Mom! We are home" Aryaman shouted as soon as they entered inside.

"Aa rahi hoon beta" they heard a lady's voice from the kitchen.

As they settled on the couch, Aryaman's mom Tina came out holding a tray with glasses.

"Welcome kids" Tina said walking out.

"Hello Aunty" the gang replied.

"Hi Aunty" Nia said and hugged her.

"Hello Nia beta! Aaraam se, glasses gir jaayenge" Tina said.

"Sorry... achha guys this is aunty's special welcome drink... Blueberry lemonade... Trust me this is the best" she said and picked a glass and so did everyone.

"So do you all stay here?" Tina asked.

"Nai Aunty. It's just me and Manik. We live in Madison. They live in India, aur bus ek chota sa trip ke liye aaye the" nandini said.

"Achha... that's nice... Arya so you didn't tell me how you met them?" Tina said.

"Wohh mom kal ye log Nia ke boutique mein aaye and that's how we met. Now how can I miss hanging out with such a cool gang" Arya said putting his hand around Cabir's shoulder.

"Indeed! Aunty aap ka ghar bohoth achha hain aur yeh lemodae bhi... I am just wondering khaana kithna badiya hone waala hain" Cabir said and everyone laughed.

"Tu bhukkad ka bhukkad hi rahega" Manik said.

"Haan toh tera kya problem? Aunty ne khaana hamaare liye hi banaaya toh hum hi khaayenge na. Kyun aunty?" Cabir replied.

"Bilkul sahee beta. Bas 10 minutes wait karlo then we can all have lunch" tina said and walked back into the kitchen.

"Wiase Aryaman, we know Nia has a boutique par tum kya karthe ho?" Manik asked as they didn't have a proper intro.

"I am a Doctor at New York's hospital for Special surgeries, exactly boloon toh I am a neurologist" Arya replied.

Slowly the gang was able to form the link, about how Nia and Aryaman must have met.

"Nia! Can you please get me a glass of water?" Aryaman asked.

"Sure! Lekin mere binaa zyaadha baathein math karna" she warned and went into the kitchen.

"Okay! I guess tum logon ko samaj mein aa gaya hoga, how I must have met her and yes you are right. I operated her. It was one of the most difficult surgeries I ever did. Wohh accident mein she hurt her head internally. She was unconscious for a month. I tried to reach out her family. But couldn't. Jab usko hosh aaya, I gave her a new identity so that she doesn't strain herself too much. But believe me that was the toughest decision I ever made" he was talking when Nia was back with water.

"Ye lo! Aur kyaa baathein kar rahe the" she asked giving him the glass.

"Kuch nai! We were discussing about the plan. Ki kya karna hai" Aryaman said.

"Bhai log! Why don't we go clubbing? There's a famous Indian pub here. Desi style.. kya bolthe ho?" Nia suggested.

"Awesome! Let's do this!" the gang replied excitedly.

Meanwhile, the lunch was also ready. Tina made many Indian special items and everybody just loved her food.

"Aunty! It's been ages I have eaten such amazing food... aap ke haath mein na jaadhoo hain... mukti tu sahi bol ri thi yar" Cabir said excited.