Thirty Seven

Nandini's POV:

After coming out of the room, I joined everyone at the dining.

"Where were you all the time? I have been looking for you." Judy said.

"Sorry... I was with my old friends. Have you had dinner?" I asked her trying to change the topic.

"Yes! I just did after waiting for you like forever... And I will go back to my room now. I will be leaving tomorrow morning. Now that Manik is here you can come back together. You'll be okay right?" she asked. I nodded my head in positive. After having dinner I went back to my room and sent him a message asking if he had dinner. It's been 10 minutes already and there wasn't any reply.

I was worried so I thought I'll go and check on him. After changing, I went towards his room when I heard his melodious voice and stopped at the door.

Ho Aaj Kal Tanha Main Kahan Hoon..Saath Chalta Koi...
Uski Hame Aadat Hone Ki..Aadat Ho Gayi...
Woh Jo Mila Hai Jab Se Uski Sauhbat Ho Gayi...
Ik Zara Masoom Se Ke Dil Ki Aafat Ho Gayi...
Sun Le Zara...Sun Le Zara..!
Dil Ne Kaha..Itna Bas Mujhe Bataa Hai...
I Am In Love...I Am In Love...
Tu Hi Bataa..Jaane Kya Mujhe Hua Hai

I couldn't wait any longer and sneaked into the room. He was sitting on the window and looking outside. I don't think he noticed me coming. I was standing in one corner and listening to him. There was a smile on his face. I never knew I had such an important place in his life. These days, every moment we spend together, I can sense that happiness when we are together. Thank you Aiyappa for bringing us together. Now our happiness is completely dependent on each other.

Baadal Pe Chalta Hoon Main...Girta Sambhalta Hoon Main...
Khwaishein Karta Hoon Main..Khone Se Darta Hoon Main..
Jaaga Na Soya Hoon Main...Musafir Khoya Hoon Main
Kuch Sarfira Sa Hoon Main...Budhu Zara Sa Hoon Main..
Dil Kya Kare...Dil Kya Kare...
Tere Bina..Itna Bas Mujhe Bataa Hai...
I Am In Love...I Am In Love...
Tu Hi Bataa...Jaane Kya Mujhe Hua Hai...

I ran into his arms as soon as he finished the song. He probably was not expecting it and I couldn't sense it. He hugged me back after a few seconds.

"It was wonderful Manik... tum ne mujhe bulaaya kyu nai? What if I wouldn't have come on time? I would've missed such a wonderful song" I complained.

I could hear him chuckle.

"Sorry madam... I was in a good mood toh bas...i dint know when I started singing... acha when did you come?" he asked and I started singing.

Aaaj kal tanha mein kahaa hoon...saath chaltha koi...

"Haha I came when you started singing" I replied.

"Okay! That's nice.. toh why are you here? Neendh nai aa ri thi?" he asked.

"Nai.. I sent you a message ... I didn't know if you had your dinner" I said.

"Wohh I wasn't hungry" he replied.

"Kyu? Lunch ke baadh you didn't eat anything right.. tum yahee ruko I will get food for you and no arguments" I said and quickly went down to get him food. I plated whatever I found as it was already past dinner time and went back to his room. He was still standing at the window. Was there something that was making him disturbed? I need to know. I slowly put the plate on the table and walked up to him.

"Manik is there something that's bothering you?" I asked.

"Hmm..nai.. Nothing Nandu" he replied. I wasn't convinced though. But for now his dinner was the priority.