Sick - Roman x Logan

7:31pm

I love Roman?????? So much???? 💞💓💗💖💕💝💘

"Princey! You let it happen again!"

"I know, I know" Roman replied in a low voice, holding his head in his hands as he tried to calm down the raging headache pounding in his mind, but as Virgil yelled more and more, it only got worse.

"If you know, Kiddo, why don't you try and stop it?" Patton spoke in a soft voice, kneeling before the aspect who was sitting on the minds couch, trying to encourage Roman to do better, like he's been trying to do the past few months. It's not Roman's fault, but a lot has happened recently, the biggest thing being Thomas's nightmares.

Whenever Thomas has a nightmare, it only correlates to two sides - Roman or Virgil.

The nightmares he gets from Virgil aren't as bad as Roman's, as Roman is the imagination, it creates monsters in his mind much more terrifying than Virgil could ever do - which was why Thomas's continuous nightmares he's recently been having all point to Roman. He doesn't mean to do it, he doesn't want Thomas to go through it every night, but the sides don't understand how hard it is for him.

Logan, finally having enough of Virgil's yelling and Patton's encouraging, steps in, adjusting his glasses as he spoke. "The only way for Thomas to get nightmares from Roman is if he is sick" Logan explained, watching a worried expression wash over Patton's face. "Kiddo? You're sick?" Roman lifted his head, staring at Logan for a few seconds, relishing in the silence.

"No, I'm not" he replied in a dull tone, standing up and rubbing his temple, closing his eyes and sighing out as he tried to think of an excuse in the fallen silence. "I have...a lot on my mind" he waved off, staring at the ground with clenched teeth, wondering if the sides would notice if he got a few painkillers.

"Well, sort it out and stop being a problem for Thomas" Virgil demanded, skidding around to march off to his room, Logan watching him go with furrowed eyebrows. This different behaviour if affecting them all, but that doesn't give Virgil the excuse to be such a dick. Glancing back at the last two sides, Patton gave Roman a short hug before hurrying after his 'son'.

Not exchanging any more words, Roman walked right past Logan to the kitchen, the logical aspect thankfully not following the side to see him steal the bottle of painkillers. Not planning to have them all at once, but Roman didn't want to be going back and forth whenever he caught a headache, so he made a new bottle appear and sunk down to his room, taking a few and flopping onto his bed.

He wasn't entirely lying before, he did have a lot on his mind, working in overdrive for Thomas had gotten him sick, but he didn't want to acknowledge that, only further putting him in a worse position - when the nightmares began, the sides started to join in and become an even bigger problem to Roman.

All he wanted to do at that moment was sleep, and after the pain dulled to a numb throbbing, his eyes began to feel heavy with all the sleep he's missed.

After the short nap, Roman slowly got up and went back to work, coughing roughly into his arm too often for him to be okay, downing painkiller after painkiller as more headaches attacked his brain, and that night Thomas has the worst nightmare ever up to date. It got backlash from Virgil, who screamed at him, blaming him for the panic attack he caused the two of them around three am, ranting about how he says 'he'll try and improve', but he's only getting worse.