Cheater 2 - Roman x Virgil

11:14pm

The first part to this is in the third book 📚

ChewchewchewSWALLOW

Au

"This is where you grew up?" Logan asked, gazing across the scenery they drove by. Roman nodded, humming absentmindedly in response. His other friend, Patton, sat in the back on the middle seat, turning his head left and right periodically so he wouldn't miss anything.

They were both sixteen when they first met Roman, he had moved into their school, and never once talked about his life before it. He took them here because he trusted them, more than he's ever trusted anyone before, and they both knew he had major trust issues when they first met, so they all felt honoured that Roman would ever allow them to join him on this trip.

They were all adults now, so they both hoped whatever haunted Roman in this place was long gone.

Roman abruptly parked the car on the side of a curb, his eyes gazing up at a two story house. "Wait here" he murmured quietly, sliding out of the vehicle and closing the door. He waited a moment, breathing in a few times before he allowed his legs to take him up the small path towards the front door. Lifting his left arm, he clenched his hand into a fist and rapped on the wood heavily.

A few moments later, it opened, revealing a woman who held soft, warm eyes and greying black hair. She looked at Roman carefully, waiting until her memory clicked, and she realised who this boy was. "Why, hello Roman" she spoke softly, "I didn't expect to see you again"

Roman couldn't help but smile at the all too familiar voice from his childhood. "Neither did I" He clasped his hands together behind his back, "is Virgil here?" He decided to ask, keeping his hope low, because the chances Virgil had moved away were high. To his surprise, and relief, Virgil had come down for a few weeks to visit, and he was currently in the park.

Roman thanked her and returned to the car, his friends didn't ask any questions because in that moment, he seemed to be a man on a mission, a mission that shouldn't be disturbed. Once again he parked the car, but this time it was beside an empty lot of grass with a few swings, a slide and a seesaw. They all saw a man sitting on one of the swings, head ducked down to stare at his phone, dressed in black even under the orange glow of the setting sun.

Again, Roman told them to wait as he climbed out and silently walked across the grass. He was only a few feet away when Virgil finally lifted his head, gasping quietly when he instantly recognised the man standing before him. Clicking off his phone, he slipped it into his pocket, blinking back tears that accumulated in the water-line of his eyes.

He expected Roman to be angry; but the man smiled and stepped closer, opening his arms invitingly. Virgil didn't know what to do - should he accept the embrace? Would he be stabbed in the back, literally, if he did? He would deserve it if he was. But, Roman looked welcoming, and the more he sat there, the more his eyes filled with dejection.

Arising from the seat, Virgil nestled himself into Roman's arms, his nose filled up with his never-changing scent. When Roman hugged him close, he choked on a sob, eyes clenched tightly, face buried into his shoulder. Roman was always taller than he was. He couldn't believe Roman would ever come back, after all he had done to the boy, after all he had been through, Why would he come back? Ready with forgiveness?

"Roman, I-I..why-why're you here?" Virgil whispered, leaning back to stare up at him. Roman smiled, cupping his cheeks. "I love you..." he murmured, stroking his cheek bone. "I never stopped" he added quietly, the few tears that fell from Virgil's dark brown eyes multiplied and before long salty water was cascading down his cheeks that were still held comfortingly by Roman who laughed, not in mockery, but in a way that made Virgil smile and chuckle, too.

"H-how could you stil-still love me?" Virgil's voice cracked.

"How could I not? I forgive you...for what you did. If you promise to never do it again, maybe we could become friends again?" Roman suggested with hope burning in his eyes.

Virgil nodded, "I-I promise, I'm so sorry-I..I love you too"

Patton and Logan both watched from the car as their friend kissed the darkly dressed stranger, in that moment they sent each other smiles.

Looks like what haunted Roman was now in his arms.

I'm just a tEEEEEENaGEdiRTbAg bAAaaAAAbbbYYYyyyYY

11:33pm