No money - Virgil x Logan

9:56pm

I had parents evening today in school and MULTIPLE teachers commented on the fact I seemed sad in school recently

BITCH IS CALLED BEING IN YEAR 11 LIKE WHAT

This is uhhh dedicated to what's their naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame...... disneyintrovert

Au

Virgil grabbed their card from their pocket, trying to keep their jittery hands under control as they shakily asked for the food they had wanted. This was the first time they had bought anything from the school canteen due to the fact their parents were becoming worried about their weight, and they had promised them they would try, which was what they were doing right now - fulfilling their promise.

They placed their card on the scanner and waited a few moments before subtracting it away. The person behind the till scrunched her eyebrows together, holding their food that was wrapped up in a paper bag. "Swipe again, sweetie" she requested politely, but her kindness didn't deter the anxiety that slowly enlarged in their stomach. Swiping again and again, each time the card didn't work, until in the end the lady frowned apologetically.

"I'm sorry, sweet, looks like you have no money" Virgil paled, they were sure they had put money onto their account earlier that morning! Had they forgot? Did they do it wrong? Did the machine take their money and not put it onto their account? Shit. Now they were panicking. Especially when they glanced to their right and saw angry glares from other students who wanted to eat their food.

They stuttered out a quick apology and fumbled for something to do when someone grabbed their own card and swiped it across the scanner - the lady didn't notice and paused for a moment before grinning and handing Virgil's food over. "Oops! Sorry, have a nice lunch! Next!" She called with a grin, turning to the next person in the cue who had paid for Virgil's lunch. They stared in bewilderment at the student who wore black glasses and a blue, ironed tie until they flushed and hurried across the cafeteria, not knowing whether or not to stay and pay the tie-wearing stranger back, or to just never speak to him again.

Sitting awkwardly at an empty table, they slowly began to eat their food, worriedly going over options and deliberating each one until they felt a presence sitting before them. Looking up, they gulped when seeing the same student who paid for their lunch sitting there with his own food placed neatly onto the table on a plate he seemed to be examining. He tutted after a moment, but picked up his fork, and gracefully placed some chips into his mouth nonetheless.

"I have not come here to ask for my money back" he explained once swallowing his food, "but if you haven't noticed I am new here - and I thought that was one way to, at least, become friends with someone" he explained, taking a quick sip from his bottle of water. "A teacher recommended I gain a friend, as I do not know the layout of the school. That does not mean I will be using you, but I suppose I have felt quite lonely recently. If you want, we can become friends. However, if you wish for me to leave you alone, I will not have any quarrels"

Virgil blinked, staring at the student who spoke in a rather posh British accent. It suited him, in a way, plus with the way he spoke, he talked like he was smarter than the other braindead students that attended this school. Virgil wouldn't be surprised. What made them confused though was the fact they wanted to become their friend; the boy seemed like a nerd, so why doesn't he try and become friends with the nerd cliques? What's so special about Virgil? They're the lonely, outcasted emo, nothing special.