Detention - Roman x Patton & Logan x Virgil

1:07am

So earlier today I bought two new books - as in real books, books you can hold in your hand - not books from Wattpad! Can't wait to read those!

AU

Patton gently closed his locker door, bottom lip caught between his teeth. Patton was one of the best students this school had ever had - behaviour wise - which was why it was badly bothering him that he somehow managed to get a detention. Never ever before had he gotten one, in any school he's learned in, he could barely remember what he did to get said detention! And it was with the strictest teacher! And, a little embarrassing secret, the teacher kind of scared Patton...

Gulping, he manoeuvred past the student filled hallway, taking the few flights of stairs and long hallways before he reached the classroom he had to spend his lunch in. Breathing in, he placed his hand on the doorknob, but he must've taken too long because someone's hand covered his, pushing open the door forcefully.

"Scared?" The boy smirked, scanning Patton up and down. Patton opened his eyes quickly, taking a step away from the student. Patton knew him - well, everyone did - he was popular, charismatic, best actor anyone's ever had the pleasure to see....! His name was Roman, but with popularity came arrogance - and rudeness. It made Patton stray away from the boy, but that didn't mean Paton didn't think he was breathtaking.

"Don't worry" he carried on, leaning on the doorway with a grin. "He won't hurt you - at least, when you're not alone" he added, chuckling under his breath as he watched Patton's eyes widen with fear. Murmuring the word naive under his breath, Roman strode into the classroom, glancing at the teacher who was sitting at his desk, marking papers or some crap.

"Greetings, Mr. Salad" Roman bowed, pulling a chair from under the desk to drape his body over it, legs kicked up onto the table. He definitely had the I-don't-give-a-shit characteristic about him.

The teacher sighed - why must he deal with Roman?

Patton watched the scene from the doorway, playing with his cardigan sleeves nervously. How does that boy have so much confidence? Especially around this certain teacher! While his eyes trained on Roman, subconsciously trailing them across his body, a voice clearing made him jump and spin around.

His eyebrows darted upwards when he spotted Logan standing there. They weren't friends - but like Roman, Logan was quite popular. Everyone knew him to be the nerd, but not like the other nerds. He was smarter, and attractive - which instantly gave him a higher stance in the social ladder compared to every other smart student in the school. He had some sort of arrogant aura around him, but wasn't as show off-y as Roman, and definitely not as flamboyant.

They were both rude, though.

"Are you going in? Or here to marvel at what is the half-witted prep?" Logan questioned, finding it a loss cause when all Patton replied with was broken noises and mixed up words. Walking by, he adjusted his glasses, ignoring the amused smirk that flashed over Roman's face. He didn't greet the teacher, either, at this point extremely annoyed with him. Not only was it not his fault he got the detention, but Mr. Salad knew it wasn't his fault! Yet, here he was, instead of in the library, in here, with the dramatic actor and a random boy standing in the doorway.

Sitting close to the back, he pulled out his math book, ready to study when Mr. Salad stopped him, taking it away. "Sir-"

"In detention - you're not allowed to do things you enjoy, Mr. Sanders" he quipped, picking up Logan's bag too before placing it behind his desk, raising his eyebrow at Logan who clenched his jaw, sitting back in the plastic chair. The audacity....