Bowling - Roman x Logan & Patton x Virgil

5:28pm

You know the world is a pile of shit when you find out you're legally not allowed to go trick or treating

Also, this OneShot is based off of what happened to me yesterday (Tuesday) when I was bowling with my friends

Au

"Angel! You're up!" Patton called to his boyfriend who was slumped on one of the couches the bowling alley had laid out, scrolling through tumblr while everyone bowled. Sluggishly, he hauled himself up and loosely gripped the bowling ball, glancing up at the screen to see the scores. No surprise he was losing, but he couldn't give less of a shit, he was woken up at eight am that morning, dragged around town for the entire day, and now he was here, watching the ball roll down the lane, knocking down at least three pins.

He sighed, picking up another ball when a hand rested on his own. Looking up, he met the gaze of his boyfriend who sent him a concerned look. "Are you okay?" He murmured softly, reaching up to stroke his cheek lovingly. Virgil leaned into the touch tiredly, nodding. "M'fine...just tired" he yawned, making Patton giggle and peck his cheek.

"Want me to bowl for you?" Virgil nodded and thanked him quietly, watching as he rolled the ball down the lane, able to knock down the rest of the pins. Throwing his arms up in triumph, he shot a grin at Virgil who smiled slightly back, returning to the comfortable, warm couch.

Roman was up next, he cracked his knuckles (like every other time before this-) grabbed a bowling ball, and stood in front of the lane for a good two minutes, breathing in and out slowly while lining up his shot. It was no competition that Roman and Logan was better than Virgil and Patton at this by a long shot, but the latter didn't mind, they enjoyed the game, and seeing Roman and Logan get so competitive was quite amusing.

Roman was finally ready to take the shot. Breathing in one more time, he threw the ball down the lane, letting out a yell of ecstasy when he got a third strike in a row. Behind him, Logan smiled slightly in pride, for he was legitimately proud of Roman's accomplishment. Although, that didn't infer with his plans of winning. Grabbing his own ball, he passed by Roman who was famously known for premature celebrating - Logan was still a few points ahead, so if they both keep up the strikes, Logan would win.

And, much like Roman, Logan took a moment before he bowled, and watched with a smug smirk as all the pins fell down.

"I am still winning" Logan piped up, returning to the couch area as Patton took his turn, able to knock down half the pins in his two goes. "Oh, please, you don't think I can overtake?" Roman smirked slyly, gazing at Logan who sat stiffly in his seat - somehow that was relaxing for him - all while watching Patton help Virgil bowl.

"I do not, no" Logan snapped back, stifling his amused laughter when Roman's expression crossed with anger and determination. Once it was his turn, he managed to knock down nearly all the pins, leaving exactly one standing, directly in the middle. He gulped and relaxed, standing in front of the line that cut him off from the slippery surface of the lane.

With the ball in hand, he stared down the standing pin for a moment, before lifting his arm back, ready to throw when he paused, ears perked as a song began to filter through them. He knew this song. Faltering, he stood up straight and started into the distance for a moment, a wide grin drawing on his face once he realised what the song was and where it was from.

He was about to have some fun.

Returning to the pin, he knocked it down with a fist bump of excitement, winking at Logan as the logical man walked by. He paid no attention to the background music, more focused on gaining a strike. While so focused, he didn't hear or notice Roman slowly stalk up behind him, and of course just as he threw his arm forward, the song had to hit the chorus.

Suddenly, Roman wrapped his arms around his waist and belted out the lyrics, all the while Logan yelped, throwing the ball haphazardly, watching in dismay as it fell into the gutter to the side.

"Near, far, wherever you are! I believe that the heart does go on, once more you open the door, and you're here in my heart, and my heart will go on and on"

While singing, Roman grabbed Logan's arms and held them up like the scene from the movie, ignoring Logan's angry remarks and movements to try and get away, as Roman clung onto him tighter and picked him up, twirling him around in the air while singing the song without a care. People in different lanes began to look over, some finding the whole ordeal amusing, with a very regal looking man holding another smartly dressed man in the air by his waist.

Patton and Virgil watched on from the couch, Virgil laying on Patton while staring at Roman with a look that proved he was done, while Patton was laughing and cheering his friends on.

Roman lowered Logan back to the floor, holding his arms up again as the chorus came up one last time.

"Near, far, wherever you are, I believe that the heart does go on, once more you open the door, and you're here in my heart, and my heart will go on and on"

Logan finally managed to squirm away, glaring at Roman with a disapproving look, but Roman lowered down onto his knees, voice softening as the last lyrics fell through the speakers that had turned up while Roman was singing.

"We'll stay forever this way you are safe in my heart and my heart will go on and on"

The entire room exploded into a round of applause as Roman stood up and bowed, leaving Logan to stand next to the rack full of bowling balls, desperately trying to battle the smile that wanted to raise onto his lips. Yes, Roman messed up his shot, and moved him around even if he obviously wanted to get away, but his singing voice was angelic, and the look on his lovers face was enough to make him forgive and forget.

While Roman was busy, he used his second shot to knock down most of the pins, still distracted by the cheers and whoops as Roman sucked it all in, raising his confidence to levels Logan knew wouldn't lower for a few months, at least.

Isn't the end, Logan won, but throughout the drive home, Roman couldn't stop expressing his love for the audience that had praised his singing, so in a way...they both won.

Virgil, though? Virgil didn't win.

Okay, so that's not actually what happened when I went bowling, but the song did come on and a bunch of us danced to it sooooo

8:52pm