Trigger - Logan x Patton

7:13pm

Trigger warning: indications of bad parents

Au

"It's OOOONNNN!" Roman yelled through the house, hearing his boyfriend, Virgil, run back through the house with a bowl of popcorn in his hands. He hurdled over the couch, spilling the popped corn across the cushions, but the two didn't care, instead they stuffed as many into their mouth as possible with their eyes glued to the screen.

Patton, who sat on the love-seat with Logan, giggled lightly at the two, his hand playing absentmindedly in Logan's hair, he was on his laptop, finishing his last bit of work. Everyone was silent as they watched their screens, Roman and Virgil absorbed into the show, Patton more focused on Logan who hummed softly as he let Patton comb his hair.

During the show, the four main teenagers drew up to one of their houses, opening the garage door. That noise made anxiety swarm through Logan's heart and pump adrenaline through his body at sudden speed. His natural instincts kicked in from childhood, telling him one thing; run.

And he did just that. Dropping his laptop, he sprung up from the couch and dashed upstairs to his room, locking himself into his bedroom and panting heavily. His eyes stared wide eyed at his carpeted floor as the familiar sound of the garage door opening rang through his ears. Then, in a sudden moment, he realised he was safe, he wasn't a kid anymore, he lived in a different country, with new people, people who would never hurt him. He was sure they were worried now.

Leaving his room, he reappeared into the living room, spotting his two friends and boyfriend all talking quietly with each other, confused. The show was paused on the screen of the garage, and Logan shuddered, sitting back on the love-seat, all eyes on him.

"Logy? What happened?" Patton murmured gently, curling his arms around Logan who leaned into his touch, grateful for such comfort. He sighed, closing his eyes and taking off his glasses. Everyone sat in the room for silence for quite some time, all were eager to find out why Logan freaked out and ran, but all happy to give the man as much time as he needed. "It is a trigger" he eventually managed, gesturing to the garage door. "The sound of it opening...was the same sound I heard everyday as a child. My brain linked the noise with 'danger' because that is when my parents arrived home, and my natural instinct was to run to my room and hide until I snuck out to school the next morning"

Patton didn't say anything, just hugged him tighter. "Hey, Lo..?" Virgil drifted, "can we talk?" The tie-loving man nodded and kissed Patton's cheek lightly before the two left the room and sat on the steps. Virgil drew his sleeves over his hands and sighed, staring at the floorboards. "I know what it's like to have shitty parents" he murmured quietly so the others wouldn't hear - "I wanted to tell you all but...it's so fucking hard"

Logan nodded in understanding, the silence somewhat comforting for the men who had been through so much. "So, if you ever need to talk, or cry, vent, I'm here"

"Thank you, and if you ever feel those urges, I am here for you, too"

Virgil smiled faintly, holding his hand up in a fist. Logan smirked lightly and pressed their fist to his. "To the childhood trauma" he joked, throwing his arm up into the air only with a little height in a sort of toast. Logan did the same with a soft chuckle.

"To the childhood trauma"

9:58pm