Refuse - Remy x Deceit

10:55pm

Five more days of school

Trigger warning: death

Au

Remy sat up suddenly with a startled gasp. They were sitting on a hospital bed, the walls around them brighter than they were when they fell asleep. They glanced around, noticing their boyfriend was beside them, gripping onto a hand that wasn't there's, sobbing quietly. Furrowing their eyebrows, Remy looked down at the person they were sitting on, gasping again when they realised it was them - they had died.

God dammit, they promised Deceit they would survive! For him! They had never broken a promise made to Deceit, and they weren't about to do it now. Jumping down from the bed, they moved to the centre of the room, realising they couldn't find the doors, they couldn't leave. "Hey, hey!" They called, snapping their fingers. "Death! Grim reaper! Whatever the fuck! Get your ass here now!" They yelled, and out from the bright light stepped in the figure draped in a black cloak.

"Hello, new soul-"

"Shut the fuck up" Remy snapped, marching straight up to them and tugging down their hood. Death gasped, their hollow eye sockets somehow widening with shock. They brought up their skeleton hands to their skull, dragging a finger down the bone, and in a flash turned to face Remy, they somehow knew Death was staring right at them. "How dare you-"

"Don't test me, bitch" Remy snarled, jabbing a finger into their chest. "Bring me back. Now. I'm not dying. I fucking refuse. See that man?" Remy pointed to Deceit who was still sobbing, unaware to what was happening around him. "He is my fucking husband - I love him with more than you would ever understand, do you understand what a promise is? I promised I would survive, and I fucking am, put me back, now. I fucking refuse to die. Sue me, you skeleton-fuck, I don't give a shit! Put me back!" They yelled, breathing ragged with their rage.

Death step a step back, steadily becoming afraid of the soul before them. They hadn't come across this before. "One moment.." they slowly drifted, pulling out a phone from their pocket and moving to the corner of the room. Remy tapped their foot impatiently against the ground, listening to the conversation Death had with whoever was on the other end.

"I don't understand" they murmured quietly, "they refuse to die"

Remy could hear faint laughter through the speaker, it sounded like it came from a deep voice. "Don't laugh! What do I do!?" Death looked panicked for someone who was skeleton. "They refuse to die, what the fuck d'you want me to do? Drag them down to my place?" Whoever it was laughed again. "I fucking refuse to have someone like that down here, big-man-up-top won't have 'em I'm sure, I get enough complaints as it is - who knew dead fucking souls would be picky over fucking gingerbread-men - gingerbread-people my ass, let them survive for all I care, if big guy complains, tell him to suck my ass"

Death glanced over at Remy, then turned back to the wall. "Alright, fine, this with effect me, though, I hope you understand..."

"Effect you? You'll be suspended, then I can have some fun with your bony ass, soon as I give you skin, though.." Death growled, dragging a hand down their skeleton face. "Shut up!" They hissed, "Fine, whatever, bye!"

"Goodbye, Dear"

Death hung up, pocketed their phone, turned and marched to Remy in a flurry. "You're causing me hassle, soul" they muttered bitterly, grabbing their scythe and waving it over Remy's head before turning to their body and doing the same. Remy watched with a growing smirk, standing beside Deceit and gazing closely at his broken expression. He looked so distraught; lost, like he couldn't go on. Remy wanted this to be over and done with so they could cradle Deceit close and promise to never leave like this again.

"Are you finished?" Remy snapped after a few minutes. Death muttered something under their breath, shooting Remy a glare before holding one hand over Remy's body's face. Remy watched closely - just in case - and in a few fleeting moments they felt tingles shoot through their soul. They were lifted into the air and drifted to their body, slowly their transparent legs began to disappear, along with his hands. Remy looked up and death, smirked, and winked.

"Have fun with your friend" they teased, the last thing they saw was a scowl before they were unconscious. They didn't know how much time had passed, but it couldn't have been much, for when they woke up, they were still in the hospital room, the world outside black, with one, shitty lamp brightening the room with a silver glow.

They dropped their head to the side, finding themselves much more weaker. Deceit tensed when he felt something grip his hand. Slowly, very slowly, he lifted his head, his free hand slapping across his mouth when he saw Remy staring at him with a gentle smile.

"Remy..Remy..Remy.." he whispered over and over, not knowing what to do.

Remy chuckled weakly. "Hug me then, you hoe"

And Deceit did just that without an ounce of hesitation.

Remy silently thanked Death, even more so for being so easily swayed.

I write the weirdest fucking shit

11:22pm