Toxic relationship 2 - Roman x Kaiden

6:49pm

Trigger warning: toxic relationship, non-detailed smut scene, mentions of abuse

I'm gonna listen to 'Country Roads' on repeat while writing this one

AU

His blurry vision stared at the wall he laid opposite to, body still waking up in that early morning. He felt like he was still asleep, almost, laying completely still as he focused on the feeling of Kaiden's rising chest pressing against his back with every breath he dragged in. Slowly, he began to shift his position, pushing himself backwards into the comforting arms that were wrapped around his stomach, it was mostly done out of his sleepy state, still not entirely with it.

He let his mind wonder, remembering what happened yesterday after Kaiden arrived home. He was drunk, Roman didn't mind that part, Kaiden was quite amusing while in this state, and would lay onto of Roman for hours, murmuring complete nonsense that always made him laugh. But, last night was different, he was angry-drunk.

Roman had awoken to the sound of a door slamming, and he clenched the blanket covering his body, eyes darting towards the door way as he heard grunts from downstairs and something smashing against the wall. At first, he didn't even think of the possibilities that it could be Kaiden, he has never acted like that before, but when Roman grabbed a bat and slowly slipped down the staircase, he let out a shocked gasp when he watched Kaiden punch the wall. 

He went to try and calm him down, but Roman seemed to get most of his anger laid out on him.

His hand subconsciously reached for his neck, closing his eyes as flashes of Kaiden's dark eyes came into his vision, strong hands clamped around his neck, unable to breathe as his ringing ears were filled with yells that seemed never ending, his feet dangling above the ground as his body was lifted further and further into the air, with his shoulder blades digging painfully into the wall.

His eyes snapped open, parted lips letting out a startled gasp. A day-dreamed nightmare.

Biting his lip, he tried not to think about it, and instead focused on the worry that was shining in Kaiden's eyes after he did what he did, laying Roman gently on the bed, pressing ice against his bruising neck, asking again and again if he was alright, and if he needed anything, and that he loved him so much. He didn't mean to do it, his friends pranked him, and he was pissed, Roman could understand that.

He was terrified, and still kind of is, but if Kaiden knew that...would he get mad again?

Rolling around onto his other side, Roman's arms loosely coiled around his neck, face pressing into his warm chest for the few more minutes Kaiden would be asleep. Roman pondered if Kaiden would go to the gym today, or stay home to make sure Roman didn't leave. Even if he cared for him deeply, Roman knew he would get into deep shit if anyone saw the bruises, and...out of the kindness of his heart, didn't want that to happen, because he would rather spend time with Roman instead of in prison!

Yeah..that...that was why.

Roman grimaced, biting his lip in worry. Most of him didn't even believe that pathetic excuse, but Kaiden's anger levels were high on his mind at that point, and he didn't want to question him, so he would rather make up something in his mind that somewhat reassured him instead of prying for the real reason and possibly get hurt in the process.