Just wanted to say thanks - Logan & Patton

10:20pm

Trigger warning: indication of abusive parents

I have a math test tomorrow and I haven't done SHIT to prepare for it

Au

"Hello, Mr. Sanders!" A bubbly voice of a child sounded from the doorway. Logan didn't look up from his work as he spoke. "It is after school hours, you should be home"

The boy giggled, "I don't go to this school!"

Logan finally looked over, eyes training on the child first. Low and behold, it really wasn't a child who went to this school, which made him gaze at the adult behind him, and a smile crawl up onto his features. "Ah, Patton, how could I expect less?" The young adult giggled and told his child, Roman, to go colour. He did so gleefully grabbing a piece of paper and a box of colours.

"Hey, Sir" Patton smiled, walking over to his desk that really hasn't changed since he attended this school himself. Logan had changed, just a tad, though. His once jet black hair was greying at the sides, and wrinkles were forming more visibly, but to Patton, he still looked like his young, high school teacher. "Salutations. What brings you here? And who allowed you in?" Logan questioned, standing up and abandoning his work for his favourite student (when he was a student).

"I kinda maybe might've used Roman to get in.." he giggled sheepishly, "but all to see you! So I think it's a justified reason, eh?" Patton grinned, nudging Logan with his shoulder when he used the word 'justified' that Logan had taught him specifically. Logan rolled his eyes fondly, leaning on the desk and crossing his arms over his chest that still had a tie hanging down it.

"Oh, sir" Patton smiled wistfully, "I've missed you" he admitted, surprising Logan when he pulled him into a hug. "Remember my last day of school? I promised to come back? Well, I'm here" he gestured to himself a tad weakly, fumbling with the sleeves of his grey cardigan. "I'm sorry I didn't come around sooner..when my parents moved so suddenly, my life changed to a new course, and I couldn't seem to find a shortcut back to the old one...and.." he drew in a shaky breath, rubbing away tears. Logan stood up fully, eyes softening with concern.

"You were the rock in my life" he giggled watery, "you encouraged me without ever giving up, when everyone else lost faith in me...you stayed by my side until I graduated and I just want to say...thank you, because I didn't have the chance, and it's been on my mind ever since"

Logan stared at his student with admiration. "Patton, you were the brightest student in your classes, your self doubt inhibited you from seeing that, and from that expression, I assume it still does" Patton flushed and giggled, sniffling while a few tears dripped down his cheeks, yet he still smiled, never able to stop in the presence of his favourite teacher.

"I'm getting better, I promise!" Patton beamed, "My boyfriend's really helping me out...remember Deceit?" Logan recoiled at just the name, face twisting in agony. Patton laughed, "I knew you'd pull that face!" He giggled, pointing at Logan who chuckled lightly and shook his head. "How could I ever forget Deceit" the mere memories of the boy made him shudder. "And you went for him?" Logan asked afterwards in disbelief.

Patton swatted his arm, "watch it, Kiddo, he's really sweet when you get to know him"

Logan cocked a brow, "nonsense - also, did you call me Kiddo?"

"Get used to it, Kiddo!" He forced emphasis on the word. "Get used to it? Why?"

Patton shrugged, twiddling with his fingers and bobbing on the spot. "Me, dad and dad are moving here!" Roman called from across the room, grinning brightly. Logan's jaw slacked, "you are?" The man nodded with a smile that could brighten up any source of darkness. "You get to teach Roman!" Patton gestured to his son who waved.

"He's more like Deceit" Patton added as a whisper, which made Logan pinch the bridge of his nose and sigh. "Wonderful" He murmured sarcastically, "absolutely wonderful"

"Oh, I know" the familiar voice made Logan tense and slowly turn to his left to see Deceit leaning on his desk beside him, smirking that familiar smirk, half of his face covered with the scar that never left. "Patton, I did not agree to this" Logan couldn't help but smile when the two burst into laughter.

"I suppose I must be civil. How are you, Deceit?"

The man shrugged, "absolutely wonderful" he echoed Logan's earlier words, making the teacher roll his eyes and turn away to face Patton once more. "How you will spend your life with this man escapes me" Logan commented, pushing his tie closer to his neck, but he always held a place in his heart for Deceit - he had quite the rough childhood, and when the boy ended up confiding to Logan, they formed a bond that never broke, even after all these years, Logan still wants to torture the people who ever laid a finger on Deceit.

"What kind of adult would come back to school" a low voice murmured from the doorway. Everyone turned to face Virgil - who was also a teacher in this school, married to, you guessed it, Logan Sanders. Patton always shipped it before they even knew their feelings for one another. You could say it was really him that got them to where they are today, but he would never brag...to them, anyway.

"Virgil!" Patton beamed, rushing over to pull him into a hug, too. He was a more laid back teacher, and preferred kids to call him 'Virgil' than sir. As they conversed, Patton explaining to him the same he did to Logan about moving here, Virgil actually smiled, something that was so rare.

"It'd be nice to have someone like you to brighten up this shitty village again"

While Patton introduced Roman to Virgil, Logan turned to Deceit, both men leaning on the desk still. "Parents?" Logan only had to say one word.

"Long gone" Deceit replied almost instantly, voice strengthened with confidence. "Thank you" Deceit added on, glancing at him for a few moments. "You were like the dad I never had"

"Ah, well, yes, I am glad you think so"

Deceit snorted. "Oh, sir, never change"

Logan smiled at his words.

"Never change"

10:45pm