Came to say goodbye - Roman x Virgil

10:11am

Trigger warning: implications of suicide

I needa to pea

Au

The last bell finally rung and it was music to Virgil's ears. That Friday afternoon was about to turn into his favourite one. Packing away his stuff, he quickly found Logan and Patton making their way down the school hallway, hand in hand, presumably about to spend time over the other ones house. He tapped Patton's shoulder awkwardly, the boy turned and beamed at the sight of his best friend.

"Virgie!" He exclaimed, removing his hand from Logan's grip to wrap him in a tight hug. Virgil relaxed and leaned into it. "Hey, dad" he smiled once they leaned back, "What's up?"

"Nothing much, Kiddo! Me and Logan are going on a date this evening!" He chirped, shooting a smile at Logan who smiled calmly back, turning to face Virgil. "Would you like to accompany us?"

Virgil snorted; Logan truly didn't know romance. "Nah, you two have fun, but use protection" this made Patton blush and Logan raise an eyebrow, "protection for what?" He questioned, confused. When the two broke into laughter, he creased his eyebrows together even further. "Don't worry about it, Logy" Patton smiled when he removed his face from his hands, "see ya, Kiddo!"

"Bye, Pat, Lo" he waved and turned on his heel, stalking down the hallway to find Roman. He usually stayed after school most days to help with the theatre production of the newest performance. Seeing as he would be in the play Virgil wasn't surprised. Entering the large room, he spotted Roman standing on the stage with a girl, both wearing their normal clothes as they called out their lines, voices filling the room so everyone would be able to hear when there's a large crowd.

Virgil walked through the rows of chairs, smiling at a few of the other students who were helping out. Some even greeted him - knowing him through Roman.

"That was wonderful!" The drama teacher called when they had finished their lines, "now, you two take a break! Vivi, Luke, you're up!" She yelled, and everyone moved around until they were in position.

"Greetings, Virgil!" Roman declared once he was backstage. "What a lovely surprise" he added on, bowing down and kissing the back of his hand. Virgil rolled his eyes, gently pushing him away. "Hey, Princey" he responded, leaning on a large box full of different costumes. "What's up?"

"Oh, the usual! Performing and such. What about you, Dearest?" Virgil blushed lightly, turning his head away. As soon as he and Roman began to date he insisted on using pet names - Virgil doesn't think he'll ever get over them. "Eh, I'm fine" he shrugged, "just came here to say bye.." Roman nodded and wrapped him in a warm hug. "Well, goodbye, my one and only love" he winked, and Virgil rolled his eyes fondly. "Stop it, I'm lactose intolerant" Roman barked out a laugh, leaning down to kiss Virgil's cheek. They hadn't shared their first kiss yet.

"Stay safe for me" Roman spoke in a sing-song voice, turning back to see what was happening on stage. Virgil stared at him for a moment then sighed. "Yeah..." he drifted, turning and walking away. Before he could reach the doors that lead him outside, however, Roman suddenly grabbed his arm and whirled him around. "Before you go" Roman grinned, "I need your help!"

"What? Why?" Virgil questioned but willingly followed Roman into a room. "Well, these are the costumes" Roman gestured to the outfits hanging up neatly on a rack. "And I want opinions in how I look in them!"

Virgil cocked an eyebrow, "can't get anyone else to do this?"

Roman turned to him, "I only care about your opinion" he spoke as if that was obvious. It made virgil freeze for a moment, then filled his heart with guilt. "Ah, right, well uh...carry on" he gestured and slumped down in a chair, resting his bag by his feet. Roman grinned once again and grabbed his first outfit, changing behind a curtain.