Why I didn't go - Roman & Logan

7:29pm

Trigger warning: mentions of past death

You wanna fucking BURP or FART?

Au

"IN YOUR FACE!" Roman yelled loudly to his friend, Virgil, who rolled their eyes and slumped into the couch. As Roman pranced around the living room, gloriously exclaiming how good he is at the video game they were playing, the doorbell rang throughout the house. "I'll get it!" Patton called from the kitchen, cleaning his hands with a rag before hurrying over to the door and opening it up.

"Hey, Lo!" He smiled cheerily, inviting him inside. "Salutations, Patton" he nodded curtly, closing the door behind him. When he heard the voice of his twin from the other room, his face contorted with anger and distaste. Patton noticed and sighed, rubbing his shoulder. "Lo, please don't be mad at him"

"I cannot promise anything" Logan replied back bitterly, walking into the living room afterwards with poise. Roman's eyes instantly landed on him and the room fell into an eerie, uncomfortable silence. Roman sat back down on the couch, eyes narrowing into a glare as he found another game to play. "What are you doing here?" He muttered angrily at the man who took a seat on the armchair.

"Patton invited me over. If you have forgotten, we are friends, too"

Roman shot him daggers, "I wonder when you'll mess that up, like all your past friendships!"

"Alright, you two fucking kids, shut it or piss off" Virgil piped up, staring at them both pointedly until they stopped arguing and focused on something other than them. Later on Remy and Deceit arrived, and Patton brought out the snacks he made for them all. Flicking the T.V off, they left music float but the background as they talked and hung out.

Throughout the evening, the twins wouldn't stop sending the other subtle glares, and whenever they added to the conversation, sometimes they would make malice remarks at the other until their friends finally had enough.

"Maybe more people would find your presence bearable if you weren't such an incompetent fool" Logan piped up after Roman brought up a few of his ex-friends.

"People find me unbearable?" He actually laughed out loud at this, "if I recall, dear brother, the only reason why you have friends is because of me!"

"Don't flatter yourself" Logan waved off, "You simply encouraged me. I made them my friends by myself" Roman scoffed and slumped into the couch. "Okay" Patton giggled awkwardly, "why don't we play a game?" He suggested. "Oh! That sounds wonderful!" Roman got in before anyone else, sitting further up on his seat. "Logan, why don't you sit up stairs and wait until we finish?"

"Oh my god!" Remy groaned, "if you two bitches say another fucking word I'm leaving"

"Ditto" Deceit drawled from beside them.

"Can't you two just, I don't know, get over it?" Virgil sighed in exasperation. Logan rolled his eyes, "I will once all of you do, too"

A tense silence settled over them all. Roman glared bitterly at his brother for bringing up that fact. "At least we're civil to him!" Virgil hissed, glaring at Logan just like Roman. Logan hummed, "Yes, as soon as he leaves, though, you do seem to agree with me much more"

"Logan, please stop" Patton begged quietly.

Roman stood up from the couch, eyes flaming. He had had enough. "Yes, Logan, why can't you get over it? I mean, people call me dramatic!" He remarked, throwing his arms up a little. Logan stood from his chair too, arms crossed. "Why can't I? Roman, you refused to attend our parents funeral. Do you really think I would forgive you for that?" He exasperated, facial expression twisted with pain, hurt and anger mixed into one.

Roman swallowed thickly, he glanced at all his friends who looked away. He knew they felt the same way Logan did. What could he do? Two options came to mind; admit what he did was terrible, apologise and know he would never be forgiven or tell them the truth. He avoided it because he didn't want it to affect Logan, but this was affecting him just as badly, and Roman was tired of being in the wrong.

"Can I tell you something, Logan?"

"I am all ears"

"They lied to us" Roman admitted, voice soft and edging on defeated. "And they weren't planning to tell us the truth"

"Whatever do you mean?"

"I am not your twin, Logan. I am not your brother, either. I was adopted after your mother had a miscarriage"

Roman felt some weight being lifted off of his shoulders at the admittance. Logan's face said it all. Shock, horror, conflict, anger, confusion, disbelief. It was almost comical to see it go through so many emotions when Logan was known for hating the things.

"I found the papers in their room, under the bed. They really wanted it to be hidden. They really never wanted me to know" Roman's hands that were once clenched let go, "and I know they treated me with kindness, with everything I could ask for, but I couldn't go..."

"Why not?" Logan demanded, anger once again shining through. Roman tensed yet again.

"My father died on the sixth of August" He began, "my real father. Do you know what happened on that day? Do you? It was the day your mother invited me shopping. The day she pulled up to the gas station, told me to get her a bottle of water from inside. When I went back outside? She was gone. And you all thought I lied" his voice was falling, once filled with animosity, now filled with pain.

"I was grounded because I was fourteen and no one believed me...she left me there because of the guilt she felt not telling me my real father died. My father, Logan, I could have gone to his funeral but instead? I was grounded. Sitting in my room, not knowing in the state over he was being buried...without his son" he sniffled and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Twenty third of November. I was sixteen. My mother died. She didn't tell me again. Instead, she grounded me, because someone punched me and I was suspended. That's why I didn't attend their funeral. Because she didn't let me go to their's" he clenched his eyes shut tightly. "I always new I didn't belong - I had a gut feeling I shouldn't be here. They never treated me the way they treated you" reopening his eyes, he stared at Logan through blurred vision.

"I'll never know why my parents put me up for adoption, I'll never know why your parents didn't tell me, but now you know - you know why I didn't go. And if you still think I committed a monstrous act for not going, remember this. Remember that I couldn't go to my real parents funeral because of yours" his voice failed on him, cracking at the end, but he didn't care.

"Sorry for ruining the evening" he whispered and scooped up his stuff, leaving the house before anyone could even think about stopping him. Logan was frozen to the spot in the middle of the room, eyes intently gazing at the wall opposite. Logan knew he wasn't lying. He wanted to believe he was, but Roman wouldn't lie about that, not even to save his ass. Slowly, he sat down on the couch and held his face in his hands, feeling guilt bubble through his body.

"Well" Remy murmured, "the plot thickens"

"I didn't...god, that must be terrible" Virgil whispered, leaning into the back of the couch. "And we were so mean" Patton crumbled, burying his face into his knees that he brought up to his chest.

"What can we do...?"

Roman found himself sitting on his bed, holding an old photograph tightly in his hands. He visited the orphanage he was given to as a baby a few years ago, and they gave him this, the only thing he has to connect himself to his real parents.

In the photo, they were smiling, holding baby Roman in their arms. On the back in black ink it read;

We love you, Roman

What a plot twist it would be if it said "we love you, Logan"

Lmao ha bye

8:02pm