Their adventure - Roman & Logan & Virgil & Patton

4:15pm

"I can assure you wherever we are going won't be worth it" Logan deadpanned while adjusting his glasses and staring at his friend, Roman, who grinned and swooped their arms into the air, mischievously winking at his friends. "Stop being such a cynic!" He commented, "all you do is work all day! You're a bore! This will be fun!" He reassured and twirled back on his feet to face forward, skipping across the pathway between the lots of grass. Logan sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"C'mon, Logan!" Patton urged, "you'll love-love it!"

Logan rose an eyebrow, tutting in disapproval. "I will not" he replied, ever pessimistically. "Look; lets just get it over and done with" their third friend, Virgil, piped up, hands already stuffed into his jacket-always stuffed into his jacket-"Roman won't leave us alone if we don't"

Logan sighed once again, arms dropping to his sides. "Fine" he agreed, jaw clenched. "Lead the way" he and Virgil followed after Roman and Patton who were definitely more excited about this than the other two. They skipped ahead, laughing and smiling. Sometimes, Roman would burst out into songs, ones about adventure from different movies he had watched recently, the ones that filled his head with these-i-i-i-ideas.

"We could've at least brought some food" Virgil moaned in distaste. "That only would have dragged this day out longer than needs be" Roman-Roman-Roman-Logan replied, arms crossed over his chest, flattening his tie down. Patton overheard and gasped, "A picnic sounds like fun!"

"Too late!" Roman called from far ahead, his fake sword held tightly in his hands. "Adventurers like us don't need food!"

"Without food consumption we would eventually-DIE-die, Roman, no matter if we were 'adventurers'" Logan found the need to bring down the mood in situations he was dragged into. It has happened on multiple occasions before this, and he was sure it would happen in the future, too. He wishes Roman would stop getting such stupid ideas like these from watching fictional movies and just-stop-grow up. That's a long stretch, though, Logan was sure Roman didn't even know what the word 'mature' meant.

The four lived on an island, so while they did have a lot of land to explore, a lot of it was dangerous, and usually out of bounds for the public. Although, they're teenagers, so they weren't going to pay attention to the warning signs. Well, Logan wanted to, but with Roman dragging him through, he didn't really have much choice. Virgil only followed because he didn't want to be alone, and Patton tagged along because he loved his friends-cantstop-and finds immeasurable happiness in their presence.

"This way!" Roman declared, sliding down a rather slippery slope, "be careful, I-won't-will save you if you fall!" He called when he reached the bottom, standing with his arms outstretched. Patton grinned and slid down, crashing into Roman at the bottom. The two laughed and Patton wondered off to the side, looking over the edge of the cliff as Roman helped-help-the other two. "Oooo!" He gushed, pointing towards the gorgeously blue ocean. "I bet there's mermaids in there!"

"Mermaids do not exist, Patton" Logan responded, dragging his shoes through the grass to rub away the mud. Virgil quickly did the same. "If they did they'd probably all be dead from oil or experimentations" Virgil chipped in, the atmosphere crestfallen from his words. "Oh, you two" Roman mused, running a hand through his hair and taking a few steps forward to the land that jutted out. "Can't ever say something nice, can you?"

As he stood close to the edge, he didn't really think of the dangers until the ground suddenly j-j-j-j-j-jol-jolted under him, he opened his mouth to s-s-scream-scream-scream-as it mov-but-moved-moved-but other than that it didn't do anything. Afraid, he jumped back onto the stable surface, all of his friends staring with wide, shocked eyes and slacked jaws. "Right" Roman shakily spoke, trembling hands clenched to stop them from shaking. "Let's carry on; shall we?" He turned and carried on down the path, his walk losing his happy bounce.