You don't have to lie - Virgil x Deceit

10:46pm

The person who requested this - I can't find you in my messages pm thing whatever, so I hope you're cool with the fact I don't make Roman to be the abusive one *finger guns*

Trigger warning: mentions of abusive relationship (kind of?)

AU

"Deceit...?"

At the sound of his name, Deceit snapped his head up in the direction of which it was called, wide eyes wildly scanning over Virgil until he slowly relaxed upon realising it was his closest friend.

"Are you okay?" Virgil questioned, slowly sitting opposite his friend in the booth he'd been sat in for who knows how long, staring at the wooden table in the quiet cafe. "Perfectly fine" Deceit replied, slowly pushing his hair from his eyes, face unchanging as he spoke. Virgil stared at him closely, a silence settling over the two, both knowing Deceit had lied, but none wanting to act upon it.

"He's gone, De" Virgil spoke, softer this time, reaching over to place a hand on his. Deceit only recoiled sharply, leaning back against the plush, dark coloured seat, eyes narrowed. "I didn't come here for sympathy, I came to be alone" he muttered lowly, standing up from the chair in a flash and shuffling out of the booth, not looking over his shoulder at his friend who sighed, walking up to chase after him, catching him outside the cafe in the bustling street.

"De, I didn't mean to-"

Virgil tried to grab his arm but Deceit only yanked himself away from his friend who was only trying to help, pausing to look at him with narrowed, dark eyes, Virgil himself stopping too, making sure he was close enough incase he tried to dash away again. "I am fine alone, Virgil" clicking his tongue, Virgil rose an eyebrow in disbelief. "I helped you-"

"Am I acting as if I didn't appreciate it?" Deceit retorted, growling as some people nudged his shoulder to get by. "No, but you're blocking me out again, don't push me away, De, you told me not to let you push me away again!" Virgil reminded, watching his face mix with anger and slight guilt. Glancing off to the side, Deceit crossed his arms, trying to compress himself so he was small and unnoticeable.

Taking a step forward, Virgil placed a hand on his forearm, gaining his attention. Deceit visibly tensed at how close he was, keeping their gaze locked as Virgil's softened. "I want to help you, let me help you" he begged quietly, scanning his eyes as he waited for his response. His body deflated a little, walls surrounding him crumbling the longer he stared at his friend, the sincerity in his eyes making him want to say yes and just collapse against him.

Gently raising his arm from his chest, Virgil glanced down at it, meeting his gaze again after he intertwined his fingers with his glove-covered ones. Smiling gently, Deceit walked a little ahead as he kept his head down, leading Virgil to his apartment where the two settled onto the couch in silence, the sun setting outside the window.

"You okay?" Virgil murmured, glancing at Deceit who pressed himself to the corner, leg crossed over the other, arms situated tightly across his chest, body language showing he just wanted to curl up and disappear.

"Yes" he replied in a believing tone, glancing at Virgil for the younger man to see his eyes which held no sign of lies. Yet, Virgil didn't believe him. Shuffling closer, Virgil asked once more, this time softer and quieter, forcing Deceit to stare into his eyes as he replied.

"I'm fine, Virgil" he faltered slightly, voice wavering just a bit. Inside, he cursed himself for letting that happen, but what was the use? Virgil wouldn't believe him, anyway.

Shaking his head, Deceit looked at the ground, shrugging. "If you know the answer, why are you asking?" He muttered bitterly, tensing as Virgil rested his hand on his arm, catching his wondering eyes once more with his inciting dark brown ones.

"I'm waiting for the day you'll be honest with me"

Deceit snorted, sending a small smirk his way as Virgil shot one back. With the sunlight dimming, and the room they sat in darkening, Virgil shifted so he sat forward like Deceit, resting his head on his shoulder, noticing how he didn't tense when he did. In silence, the two somehow moved closer and closer to each other until they were almost cuddling. Virgil nearly sitting on his lap, Deceit's arm wrapped around his shoulders, keeping him close as the older man swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Is it too soon?" Virgil murmured, picking at a loose threat on his ripped jeans, waiting anxiously for Deceit's reply. "Seven months" Deceit replied, looking down to stare at the top of Virgil's head. "Seven months ago...I was trapped with that man" he murmured, staring into the distance as Virgil slowly lifted his head, watching him as he spoke.

"Everyday I wished I was with you instead" he sighed, ready to pull away, ready for Virgil to tell him he hasn't and never will feel the same. Although the silence didn't help, the soft feeling of Virgil's lips against his cheek, did.

Smirking, he kept his eyes glued to his lap, chuckling quietly. "You like me too, eh, Racoon?"

Rolling his eyes, Virgil rested his head back against his shoulder, closing his eyes in content.

"For too long..."

Both men chuckled quietly, further pressing up against each other, slowly falling asleep in the room that quickly became dark with the lack of sun shining through the window.

Thanks for the request!

Well, this wasn't like the request at all, but hey ho

11:27pm