Discovering the truth - Thomas x Ruben

8:17pm

Never mind it's not the last ha tricked

"They probably think you're annoying"

"Oh, stop looking into things, Mr. Repressed and Depressed! Thomas had fun, can't you leave it at that?"

"Yeah, but did his friends? Was Thomas a good host? Would they ever want to come back again?"

"Awh, Kiddo, you could see that they enjoyed their time! Especially Ruben"

"Patton!"

The arguing voices of five men filled the air, waking up the boy who was laying behind the couch. His eyes blinked rapidly, wincing as his arm aches after laying on it for so long against a hard ground. He wondered where he was for a moment until he remembered he had been over Thomas's for his party.

He couldn't exactly remember much in that moment, he did get a tad tipsy (as did everyone else) and he most likely fell off the back of the couch, down here, and fell asleep. From bringing out his phone, he gasped at the time, it was nearing midnight. That party occurred in the morning! He was out for hours.

He wanted to guess everyone had gone home, but from the voices they obviously hadn't. Maybe they were waiting for him and didn't want to disturb him? Raising his hand, he grabbed the back of the couch and used it to haul himself up, shaking his head to stop the room from moving, and to help his eyes focus on his surroundings.

Once he did, his eyes surveyed the room, and he felt his stomach drop.

Everyone from the party had gone home, alright, because instead of Thomas's friends filling his house, it was...himself. All standing in different parts of his living room. The first to spot him was the one dressed like an emo who stood on the staircase. His eyes widened and he and Ruben stared at each other with wide, unblinking eyes, full of shock and paralysed in fear.

"Virgil? What's the matter, Kiddo?" Another one of 'Thomas' noticed his sudden behaviour change, looking over at the couch after Virgil shakily lifted his hand and pointed it at Ruben. This was when the two other Thomas's looked, too, along with Thomas himself.

Everyone in the room froze up, air leaving their lungs as they realised their secret was out.

Ruben, not really knowing what to do, knew he needed to leave. Without hesitation, he ran from the back of the couch and towards the door.

"No! Ruben, wait!" Thomas called but he was not waiting. He grabbed the door handle, ready to yank open the door when one of the sides, one dressed in white, red and gold slammed it shut, holding it there while Ruben shrank into the corner of the hallway. "Stay away from me! Whatever you are!" He shrieked, trying to find anything to defend himself with, which resulted in him picking up his shoes he took off earlier and left by the door.

He knew, for a fact, Thomas had brothers, but he certainly didn't have four, and they did not look exactly like him, either!

"Roman, go" Thomas ordered, now between him and Ruben. Roman stared at Ruben for a few seconds with an unreadable expression before he sunk into the floor and vanished, which made Ruben panic more and nearly scream in fright.

"Ruben, hey, Ruben, look at me" Thomas tried to calm him down but the boy wasn't having any of it. He removed himself from the corner and locked himself in the bathroom under the stairs, still holding onto his shoe as if that would've saved him.

"Ruben, please, you have to let me explain" Thomas begged, now standing outside the bathroom, panic bubbling inside of him at the prospect of his secret being outed. He didn't know what anyone would do to him, and he would rather not find out.