I don't understand - Roman x Logan & Patton x Virgil

8:59pm

I haven't said this enough my profile picture is very satisfying

AU

Logan couldn't stop pacing around in his room as he tried to wrap his head around Virgil's and Patton's relationship. They were the exact opposite! Completely different! How could they fall for each other?

It bothered him he couldn't understand, he was logic!

Dragging a hand through his hair, he slumped onto his bed, eyebrows knitted together as he tried to come up with a solution. Simple or not he needed one. He wants to understand, he wants to know why Patton and Virgil would fall for the other. Wouldn't their unpredictability get annoying? Wouldn't their different personalities crash?

Trying to make sense of it all was fruitless, and in the end he decided feelings were something he would never truly get. He knew he wouldn't be able to know everything, but he just wished he could about the simple thing of love. Well, apparently not so simple.

Sighing sorrowfully, he fixed his hair in his mirror, wandering to the living room to find Patton and Virgil cuddled up to each other, Virgil on his phone while Patton made small braids in his long bangs.

"Salutations, Virgil, Patton" he nodded to each as he said their names, sitting down on the couch and sagging just a bit. Whenever he gets into slumps he usually stays in a bad mood for over a long period of time, meaning he doesn't really act himself, and will sulk around the mind until he finally lets whatever he can't understand go or finally finds the answer.

Patton smiled a little, pecking Virgil's forehead softly.

"I love you, Angel" Patton cooed into his ear, Virgil sending him a smile back as he hid his blushing face in is chest. "M...love you, too" he mumbled quietly, suddenly feeling flustered. It wasn't hard for Patton to do so, but the Dad-like aspect loves to do it while others are in the room. Virgil turns into an adorable blushing mess!

While watching the exchange, Logan groaned, slapping a hand across his face.

"I do not understand!" He exasperated, staring at the two in bewilderment, Virgil snorting as he did. "How-why do you two love each other?!" Patton giggled at his small outburst, shifting his position to sit up further, letting Virgil lay against him more comfortably. "We just...do!" Patton responded with a shrug and a smile, returning to Virgil's hair.

"The heart wants what the heart wants, Logan!"

Just as he said this, Roman bounded into the room, jumping onto the couch very closely beside Logan who tensed up, eyes widening.

"Greetings nerd" he winked at the logical side who almost swooned. "Padre, Emo nightmare" he bowed a little, shooting a smirk at Logan who was staring at him nervously, swallowing loudly.

"As Patton nearly physically fought me for not informing you of my adventures to the imagination last time I disappeared, I shall be telling you right now that is what I plan to do today! Do not wait up for me!" He grinned at the three of them, once again sending Logan a wink before his long sword appeared in his hands, he waved gracefully before vanishing down the hallway, leaving Patton and Virgil to stare at Logan with knowing looks.