There's a problem - Roman x Virgil

4:37pm

AU

"And remember, you're not allowed to fall in love with me" Virgil jokingly shot at Roman after he finished giving him the tour of the apartment. After he put up a sign saying he needed a roommate, Roman found it a few days later and instantly called, as recently he was searching for an apartment to live in and from the pictures, he fell in love with this place - besides, he was also partial to having a roommate.

Roman smirked, waving his hand dismissively. "Won't be a problem"

Two nights later, Roman was staring at his ceiling, the time nearing midnight. "There's a problem..." he drifted, dragging a hand down his face. The one rule he gave himself was to not fall in love with his roommate, and what did he do?

HE FELL IN LOVE...WITH HIS ROOMMATE...

He didn't even know how! He has lived here for two days, and already his heart swells when he's just thinking of the man! When in the same room, he becomes flustered and stammers, trying to keep calm but it never worked out. He was sure Virgil knew by now, and was probably weirded out over it. Roman didn't want to mention the fact he falls in love easily, everyone he's told in the past either called him stupid or said his feelings weren't "real" - he was only feeling like that because he was lonely.

It wasn't true...

Rolling onto his side, his eyes stared at the wall, wondering if Virgil would kick him out because of this...he didn't seem the type of person to do so, but Roman doesn't even know if he's attracted to men! Neither of the two know much about the other, for some reason they haven't had a long conversation to learn more, they just have normal conversations like they've been friends for years - even sitting comfortably in silence! It was peaceful, and not awkward at all, but Roman wanted to know more.

Shifting back to his original position, he brought his blanket closer to his chin, eyes closing gently as he tried to fall asleep in the silence.

It was working out until his eyes fluttered open after his ears heard a slight knocking on his door.

"Roman?"

It was Virgil, what could he want at midnight?

Slowly sitting up, Roman swung his legs over the side of his bed, padding across the carpeted floor to open the door for him, smiling when he saw the man standing opposite, fiddling with the sleeves that covered his hands. "I...was wondering if you wanted a drink..." he filled in, eyes focused on anything but Roman, anxious if the taller man would be annoyed from waking him up.

Leaning on the doorway, Roman's heart fluttered rapidly in his chest, like the wings of the butterflies that swarmed around in his stomach. Something about seeing Virgil in pyjamas, covering his hands with the long sleeves made Roman go crazy, even having the possibility to swoon over how utterly adorable he thought the man was.

Stepping out into the hallway, Virgil walked back a little, lifting his head to see what he was doing. "I would, thank you, but I'll come with you" Roman held his arms behind his back, watching Virgil's cheeks lighten with the colour pink, dusting around the few freckles that were sprinkled across the bridge of his nose.

"Uh...cool...okay" Virgil's head dropped back down and the two walked down the dark hallway together, Roman flicking on the light when he found it, illuminating the staircase down to the ground floor. "Why are you awake?" Roman started up conversation, grabbing two cups while Virgil turned on the cold water from the kitchen sink.