Low grades - Patton & Logan

12:30pm

I wrote this in S C H O O L aswell

Au

Logan's pen froze in his hand when the house phone echoed from downstairs. Who would be calling now? Pushing up from his desk, he hurried down the staircase and picked up the phone before it would stop.

"Salutations" he greeted, leaning on the wall behind him.

"Hello, Mr Sanders. I am Mrs. White, and I called to talk about your son, Patton"

Logan's mouth went dry as his mind exploded with ideas of what could have happened to his child he was rather protective over. He knew he wouldn't have done anything bad, so his thoughts instantly told him he was hurt.

"What happened?" He pressed, holding the phone tightly.

"Recently, not only in my class, he has fallen behind in grades. They were B's and C's, but in his last test, he obtained an F. I wouldn't call if I was not worried about him, I feel this behaviour cannot go on for any longer" they explained, all the while Logan was pacing through his hallway, barely paying attention to the teacher at this point.

"When I asked him about it, he retaliated rather rudely, which is why I gave him a detention during lunch. I hope you do something at home to bring him back to speed, I would suggest limiting his time on technology, as that works with my own children-"

"I have my own ways in dealing with this sort of thing, thank you" Logan cut her off before she could continue, free hand clenched tightly.

"Alright. Well, if his grades do not improve, I will be forced to call again. Good day, Mr. Sanders"

"Hmm" Logan hummed, ending the call. He checked the time, realising Patton would be home soon, so he waited in the living room in silence, wondering what he could say to Patton when he arrives.

A little under an hour later, the front door opened and a shaky, teary eyed Patton entered his home. He closed the door silently, spotting his dad standing in the doorway to the living room. He didn't look displeased, or disappointed, he looked worried.

"Da-ad" his voice hitched, trembling arms reaching over to him. In an instance, Logan wrapped him up into a tight hug, letting the boy cry against his chest while gently leading him to the couch where he sat the boy down, running a hand through his soft brown hair.

"I-I'm sorry" he sniffled, heaving in short gasps of air.

"Breathe, Patton" Logan murmured, not letting him go until he regained his composure, and his sobs turned into sniffles.

"Now, will you tell me what happened today?" Logan asked, a soft edge to his tone to show he wasn't mad. Patton was relieved by this, and nodded while cleaning his eyes with a tissue Logan gave him.

"I-I was upset..." he began, "my..my boyfriend broke up with me" he explained, almost beginning to sob again. Logan's eyebrows quirked up, for he didn't know anything about a boyfriend, but when Patton further told him he was an online friend, Logan understood why they hadn't met. He also felt for the boy who was obviously scared about revealing his sexuality.

"I'm-I'm sorry dad, I should've told you, he-he...threatened to reveal my uh.." he wanted to say it but he felt like something was blocking his throat. Logan understood what he meant, a sudden sinking feeling crushing his heart as he realised. Patton had sent his boyfriend nudes. Presumably he was pressured into it so he could use Patton for blackmail.

"Do not apologise to me" Logan spoke up, slowly pulling Patton away to catch his gaze while they spoke. "You should apologise to the teacher you were rude to" He spoke with a more stern voice, Patton nodded hurriedly, quietly promising he would. "And I will get the police involved, as you are underage to be sending pictures to people online" Patton nodded and flushed in shame, fidgeting on his seat.

"However" Logan carried on, "I am not mad at you for your grades, I will do everything I can to bring you back to the standard you were at before this all happened" Logan explained with a reassuring look in his eye. Patton's lip trembled and he fell into Logan's arms again, mumbling 'thank you' over and over. Logan chuckled lightly, rubbing his back soothingly.

"Do you want my phone?" He sniffled, slowly handing the device over. Logan shook his head, "No, I feel that never really improves the situation. Although, I forbid you from sending nude pictures again, and if that boy texts you, tell me immediately" Patton nodded quickly, leaning up to gently peck Logan's cheek, hugging him tightly.

"Thank you, Dad"

"Anything for you, Patton"

SAMON

1:44pm