Elements 3 - Roman x Logan & Patton x Virgil

10:45pm

AU

Virgil's dark eyes scanned across the words across his screen, the article explaining the video tagged above. It depicted a man with his arms outstretched towards a car and a tree, using his - as the article calls it "Earth powers" - to save the old couple inside the house from the tree that was about to fall on them, and save the trapped man inside the car by turning it into sand.

Virgil found it remarkable, how it wasn't just Roman and himself that had the magic powers. He found what Roman did - how he came out to the world with his powers - to be...inspirational, at best. Although he felt like he couldn't do it himself, thinking about all the attention already giving him a slight panic attack, he did want to save lives like Roman was, and now that Roman had taken Logan with him to his "secret base" everyone knows Roman has but no one knew where - he wanted to meet the two, maybe even join them.

Now, though, he was mindlessly strolling along a quiet, long road, in the middle of butt-fucking nowhere.

Around him laid a desert-like area, the ground cracked and either orange or pale, the only plants being the thin, brown bushes that grew through the cracks in the ground. With his water ability, he never ran out of water, and whenever he became tired, he could find a small cave in the mountains in the distance, create a puddle of water and float in it until the next morning where he would carry on walking.

He didn't know where, or why, or how he had gotten here, with no real destination, with no home, he found himself alone most of the time, but...finding out about the second power-holding human gave him a flare, a flare of determination to find the people he would belong with, although his brain attacked him with thoughts that they wouldn't like him, and only let him stay for his powers, he didn't care, as long as he had somewhere to stay and hide, he would take it.

But, after traveling across the sea from where he once lived, he knew he was very far away from America, where he assumed the secret base was, as Roman usually spends a lot of time in there, the only times he was in another country was when they called needing his help with whatever was going on.

Now with the new magical person, being Logan, Virgil guessed the two would be able to save many more lives, and he couldn't stop imagining helping them, being there too, and quickly returning home while the others speak with the press.

He knew he would have to find them himself and somehow reveal his powers to only them - for now, anyway - for that to happen he could have to get to the ocean and from his current position, he knew that would take awhile.

Getting thirsty, he kneeled against the floor, glancing around him to check he was entirely alone. He didn't know why, he hadn't seen any civilisation for at least a few days. Sighing, he placed his hand flat against the ground, watching with slightly narrowed eyes in concentration as little droplets of water began to form around his hand, being sucked up from the moister mixed with the ground underneath him.

More and more came, and when he thought it was enough, he stood up, bringing the water together to create a floating water droplet the size of his head. Already clean, he pressed his lips to the side, eyes closing slowly as he sucked the water into his mouth, spreading through his body nicely until he finished it completely.

Carrying on, he winced as his stomach grumbled. Even if he had food, he didn't have a sustainable amount. He did at the start, but humans couldn't go long without any.

He thought about making himself turn into a pile of water so he could dash across the land until he found civilisation, but as he was about to, he noticed something in the distance. Narrowing his eyes, he could tell it was a house. Maybe they could help...